Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / piping system test header
- - By azphiks (*) Date 01-31-2011 23:12
Interested in how other companies certifiy a piping system hydro test header.  Certainly don't want anyone hurt. Approved procedure requires a third party sign off.  Who has authority to do so?  Are certifications (engineer) required?
Parent - - By 3.2 Inspector (***) Date 02-01-2011 09:35
Are you in the US or in the real world?

Parent - - By azphiks (*) Date 02-01-2011 21:13
Canada.  Your response tells me all I need.  Any fool can sign his name but I am interested in what the Big Boys do.  Up here, if your safety record isn't good, you can't access the bid lists.  Besides that, I don't want injuries on my conscience(or worse).
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 02-03-2011 14:55
Az,
don't be humble. Americans and Canadians are twin brothers. As one American told me once, the only difference between USA and Canada is that in the American public offices there's the picture of the American President, whereas in the Canadian public offices there's the picture of Queen Elizabeth.
Other than that, everything else is the same.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 02-14-2011 21:15
Canada and America are about as close to being one country as you can get.  Similar laws, similar politicians, similar beliefs, hell you could almost call the whole thing The United States of North America.
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 02-03-2011 14:58
Why 3.2, are the USA located by a chance in a fancy or magic world?
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 02-03-2011 22:54
I do not know any third party that "certifies" piping system test headers. I have seen the deadweight's and charts with calibration papers, but nothing where a third party would certify the header. If you are talking 150 psi headers for a water system, there may be one. But on systems that run 2-6000 PSI I have never seen one.
Up in popsicle land there may be a organization that will certify it, but from the response so far, no one has responded.
You may want to check with who ever is requiring the third party sign off to see if they have a recommendation.
Every place I have worked has used the piping and components with the calibrated deadweight and chart recorders.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / piping system test header