Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / just wanted to share this
- - By ronnie taylor (**) Date 02-04-2011 03:07
I was in a store yesterday picking up some odds an ends. I'm standing in the aisle looking at some chicken in a can ( I love chicken salad ) I just happen to look up and noticed I was blocking these two elderly ladys from getting by me, so I stood up and said I'm sorry ma'am the frist lady smiled and nodded the second lady she had to be in her 70's looked me in the eyes and smiled.  After she passed I turned around and got back to my chicken, it was then I felt a pat on my back I turned around the second lady that had passed me asked me if I was ok. I said yes ma'am I'm ok. she says come here to me, she gives me a frim hug looks me in the eyes and says in a very soft voice honey your going to be just fine and walks away. I'm not sure what she seen but I'm sure glad she seen it. Thanks for taking time to read this.

Ronnie
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 02-04-2011 03:25
Hey Ronnie, that's called: "having a senior moment"! Sorry I just couldn't resist. Whatever she meant by her gesture, it obviously put a smile on your face and took a tug on your heart. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-04-2011 04:46
Ronnie she simply seen something she is not use to seeing...it has become most rare these days.  It is called Character bud.  Next time you get to see your parents or any family you grew up with ...tell them thanks.  Pass it on where opportunities exist because real parents are pretty much an extinct species.

Best to ya
Tommy
Parent - - By Wrench Tech (**) Date 02-04-2011 18:50
Sorry Tommy
I got a house full of kids.  I'm not the only guy that has......Not by a long shot.  Extinct??  I don't think so!
Tom
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-04-2011 22:03
So do I Tom.   Six as a matter of fact 3 girls, 3 boys...two of the girls in college.  I think you know what I mean tho...people that have kids but raising them is far down on the list of priorities.   I gave up a lot of good opportunities $$ wise to stay close to my kids.  I am working with a kid (23) right now...he has such a polite and thought full way about him, really has good manners, could not get him to say a swear word to save his life.  He told me how much he liked working with me because of what he was learning....I told him I feel the same way about him.  I just explained to him that his Mom and Dad did a heck of a job raising him and he was a good influence on me.  I meet less and less young people like that...it is sad really.

I misspoke I reckon...maybe I should have said endangered species??
Parent - By Wrench Tech (**) Date 02-06-2011 01:22
Don't worry, Tommy.  I wasn't offended.
T
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-04-2011 12:51
That's a good story, she might have been shocked by the respect she got with the "maam". That's something that is a dying form in itself. It's amazing, some people can just read people really well, looks like you ran into one that picked up on something and was nice enough to give you a boost when you needed it.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / just wanted to share this