Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / KSi
- - By tnhnt (***) Date 02-07-2011 16:42
Has anyone heard of KSi? Are they good out fit to work for?
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 02-07-2011 17:48
To the best of my knowledge, ksi means thousands of pounds per square inch.
However, since I live in a metric country, I might be wrong.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-07-2011 18:53
Sounds like a pretty big outfit if this is what your talking about,

http://www.ksindustrieslp.com/default.cfm/PID=1.5
Parent - By tnhnt (***) Date 02-07-2011 19:38
Yes that would be the same KSi. Sound's like they have a bunch of work in Bakersfield CA and also in North Dakota.
Parent - - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 02-10-2011 01:17
The founder of the company is Kenny Smalls and from what Iv'e been told is a very good man to work for. He started the company in the 70's with not much more than a wing and a prayer with a whole lot of ambition and work ethic. One of the best friends I have told me stories of how Mr. Smalls and him did work in California together in the oilfield indusries. Although now his children have taken over and he is only a figure head the company still carries on the tradition he started many years ago. KSi is a good company to work for hands down. hope that helps.
Parent - By tnhnt (***) Date 02-10-2011 17:09
Thanks for the reply. Have heard they are a great company from the people I have spoken with and pride them selves on quality of work and there safety.
- By stanantonio Date 02-07-2011 17:58
yeah I've heard of them but dont know much about them. NoDak region I believe. I can almost garantee that the poster on here that goes by dark angle would definitely know
- - By Dark_Angel (*) Date 02-11-2011 04:09
I know about them from other people, never worked for them but like most companies there are pro's and con's and I will not be bad dogging a company on here. But I have been hearing more negative things than positive to be honest, granted those things were more about certain welders getting to many repairs, backing down the right of way... But the company itself is good I am told.
Parent - - By tnhnt (***) Date 02-11-2011 16:28
Thank you for your reply.
Parent - By Dark_Angel (*) Date 02-11-2011 16:51
No problem, I have an entire week off of work so I have plenty of time to kill if you wanna know more about them let me know and if your looking for work private message me.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / KSi