Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / I did it!
- - By Pickupman (***) Date 02-09-2011 22:39
In the immortal words of George Dubya Bush, Ladies and Gennelman, I'm feelin chipper tonight! After some delays caused by bad weather etc. I finished up my first API 1104 branch, butt and lohydrogen test and actually passed. Some of you will probably yawn, but the first one feels pretty good. I would like to say thanks to dbigkahunna for helping me sort out the 4 on 12 lohy. And I appreciate the help I've gotten from reading posts from Cactus, Superflux, aevald, welderbrent, raftergwelding, Rick Harnish, Cumminsguy71 and alot of others. I did alot of searching on this site, and found some very helpful info. Thanks for the help, Tom
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-09-2011 22:59
Hey Congrats Pickupman!! I remember the feeling, like your on top of the world!

Shawn
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-09-2011 23:03
Congrats!!!    You should feel good because it is a hard test!!!
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 02-10-2011 00:08
Hello Tom, glad to hear of your success. I've been at this whole thing a long time and without a "lot" of work and committment on my part I'm sure that I couldn't have passed that test at this particular moment in time. Yes, you will continue to build on these successes..... a step at a time and with the help of others and the observance and efforts of yourself. Good luck and much more success in your future. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 02-10-2011 00:10
Thanks, it does feel pretty good.:-)
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 02-10-2011 01:05
Congrats !! and good luck in your future endevours. There will be MANY more test to come your way. The rest of them are a peice of cake.
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 02-10-2011 01:16
Congratulations.
Glad you got the 4 on 12. How did the bead run and how did it look?
Did they break the branch coupons or wash them with a torch?
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 02-10-2011 01:30
Congratulations pickupman,
Nothing like that first pipe cert in the wallet. Makes you feel like a superhero. Now you can wear a mask, cape and your underwear on the outside of your tights.
Seriously...Good job man.
Parent - - By Pickupman (***) Date 02-10-2011 13:13
They looked pretty good. We broke them and I had one little spot in one nugget but it was within specs so he let it go. It must have been a little piece of slag I missed when I was cleaning my root. Thanks for your help, after I did what you said on the spacing it all came together.
Parent - By 65 Pipeliner (**) Date 02-10-2011 13:33
Congratulations!!!!

Chris
Parent - By bigrod (**) Date 02-11-2011 00:26
Congrats bud!  The first one is always the biggest!
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 02-11-2011 01:41
It sucks all that welding for those four 2 inch wide coupons that get cut where you are only looking at one inch of weld each!
Again congratulations. When you get the chance, pass it on.
Parent - - By Jenn (***) Date 02-10-2011 04:14
Congratulations! That's a pretty big deal!

The rest is cake!

Jenn
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 02-11-2011 04:21
Thanks everyone for the support.:-)
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / I did it!