Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / IS A CWI CERTIFICATION AVAILABLE FROM A UNIVERSITY,
- - By DALLAS44432 Date 02-13-2011 06:44
I LIVE IN OHIO AND WOULD LIKE TO FURTHER MY EDUCATION WITH A CWI CERT.  I WANT TO GET THE REQUIRED TRAINING HOURS COVERED BY A GRANT OR SCHOOL LOAN AT A LOCAL UNIVERSITY.  WOULD ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE ALONG THESE LINES THAT MAY HELP WITH THESE QUESTIONS?   SINCERELY, DALLAS
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 02-13-2011 07:38
Hello DALLAS44432, I don't believe you will find any schools, universities, or otherwise that will give the actual CWI certification tests. There are, however, a number of facilities that do training to help with preparation for this testing. I'm not sure, but there might even be a listing of these facilities on the AWS main page or at least a link to it. In the area where I live there are a couple of community colleges that have some of these classes, likely it is a similar situation in most other states and areas in general. You also have the training/testing seminars that are put on by AWS at various locations all throughout the states. There is a possibility that the folks in the particular financial aid office of your local school can determine whether there is a way to link the actual test cost to any preparatory training from their particular school. I don't have knowledge in this area, but it's certainly worth asking the question of them. Good luck on your endeavor and best regards, Allan
Parent - - By chitown hustler (*) Date 02-13-2011 19:08
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 02-14-2011 02:01
An AA or Bachelor's degree will get you further along, but have to meet the years of experience requirement. CWI is a certification by testing (passing score of course) not an educational degree. A Phd. from LeTourneau still wont get a cwi. Have to pass the test.
Parent - By n5uzt (**) Date 02-18-2011 20:33
check out the hobart welding school in troy
i took a 2 week course for my CWI
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / IS A CWI CERTIFICATION AVAILABLE FROM A UNIVERSITY,