Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Weld Cost Excel Spreadsheet
- - By M-Squared (**) Date 10-17-2002 17:55
I have created an Excel File that will calculate and compare welding cost. Currently it will only do fillet welds, Single-V, and Single Bevel. I am working on more but I wanted to get some opinions, suggestions on it.

One note, on the output pages you will see an initial cast and a final cost. The initial cost is the actual cost of welding. The final cost has 15% added to the initial cost.

If you would like a copy to evaluate post an e-mail address here and I will send one to you. Please let me know what you think.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 10-18-2002 02:38
Send me one. I can compare the output to the program I wrote. It's a standalone application at http://www.weldinginspectionsvcs.com/weldassist_version_2.htm

Here is a vb function that may be useful to for calculating the volume of the weld reinforcement in excel, access etc. I have a 9th grade math background so let me know if there is a way to simplify this. The function calculates the cross sectional area of a segment of a circle based on the width and height of reinforcement (I know its not a true arc for the cap but I couldn't think of a better way)

Function reinforcement(wHeight, wwidth)
If wwidth = 0 Then wwidth = 1
reinforcement = (wHeight / (6 * wwidth)) * ((3 * wHeight ^ 2) + (4 * wwidth ^ 2))
End Function

I have similar visual basic functions for welding related calculations. If you are interested let me know. I'll be glad to share them

My email is gaustin at the above domain or you should be able to click on it in my profile.

Thanks

Gerald Austin
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Weld Cost Excel Spreadsheet