Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Programmer for trk
- - By rig welder6 (**) Date 03-01-2011 22:57
Looking for imput from you guys about how you feel about the different programmers out there. I have a 08 F550 6.4 dsl lookin at the Edge or the Bully Dog triple Dog imput will be appreciated thanks...i am lookin for better milage not so much added power.
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 03-02-2011 00:59
I had an Edge with attitude on my 99 Dodge and really liked it because of the extra info you could get with it. You could set it to monitor exhaust temp, fuel pressure, tranny temp, boost pressure, engine temp, oil pressure, road speed, etc., depending on what you wanted. Plus it had 5 differant modes from stock to tire smokin. But forget about better mileage. Once you get on it hard one time and you start grinning ear to ear and you see the little 5.0 Mustang beside you disappear in smoke behind you and you still have 1 more gear to grab, you don't care about mileage any more. But seriously, I didn't see any gain or loss of mileage as long as I drove it reasonably. It was just alot of fun to have. I have an 03 Dodge now and I tried a superchip on it but it is alot harder to work with than the Edge. I do not like it. It comes on all at once and it's not as smooth as the Edge. Plus without a VERY strong clutch it will slip. Don't know if this will help you or not.
Parent - By tighand430 (***) Date 03-08-2011 22:21
I have a Triple Dog on my 05 Dodge and love it! I run mine in the tow/haul mode all the time but can kick it up another 2 levels if I ever want to. I don't have a list of 10 programs to go through like some of the others, but I really like the fact that I can take it off my truck and it'll work with any make of truck so it's a lil easier to sell if I ever decide to. Another buddy of mine has the Smarty programmer an really loves it but don't have any experience with them.
Parent - - By Martin G (**) Date 03-26-2011 18:28
Spartin best programer 4 a 6.4 stroke its high dollar but it has very good engine and tranny some programers only tune the engine and destroy the tranny and it shuts egr valve off with higher tunes you dont want to blow suit back in you engine check them out DONT DESTROY A 50000 DOLLAR TRUCK WITH CHEAP PROGAMER turning up too much a truck with the dpf still installed will kill it and fast (i dont like edge or bullydog but do your own research) look up on some other fourms the diesel stop ,powerstroke nation and some others a programer will realy make 6.4 come alive but just dont be stupid about it just remeber  it was not warrented to put out 600horse or 1200lbs of toruqe find a happy medium and dont hammer on it all the time and you will be happy im getting 3.5 miles better with my 450 6.4 and alot more power but just rember 1200 bucks will buy alot of diesel hope this helps
Parent - By RioCampo (***) Date 04-14-2011 00:09
Spartan or h&s have good reputations for fords.
EFI live isn't available for ford yet only duramax. It allows for custom tuning to suit your needs. Check out the diesel forums specific to your brand.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Programmer for trk