Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / API 650 vacuum box test report
- - By JM_VRCIC (*) Date 03-08-2011 03:41
Hi everyone, I'm digging the web for some form sample of a proper vacuum box test report. If anyone has one to share to see what data should be in the report, I'll be more than pleased. In Scribd I found a procedure, but not the the report. Thanks all in advanced.

Juan.
Parent - - By Joey (***) Date 03-08-2011 06:23
Juan Manuel (Marquez?)

Dudes, you will not learn if you will keep asking. Why don’t you create first on your own and post it here for advise and comments.

When you are preparing the test report, you can use API 650 for reference. You can get more details of vacuum testing in API 650 (Clause 8.6 VACUUM TESTING).

Dont dig the web to much,,,you will feel disappointed to see Manny Pacquio there. ::lol:
Parent - - By JM_VRCIC (*) Date 03-08-2011 18:16
Joey, if you see my signature you'll see it's not Marquez. Anyway, if I ask for something like this is mainly for 2 reasons, 1st: I thought in this forum I would found helpfull people; 2nd: I need it right away, I don't have the time to design one.

Thanks anyway Joey, hope next time instead of trying to give me a lesson you give me a solution.

Bye.
Parent - By Joey (***) Date 03-09-2011 06:49 Edited 03-09-2011 07:24
Bro, In fact I'm giving you a lifetime solution by learning to make on your own.

Ok, since you’re not the famous Marquez that we all Pinoys know, I made a simple one for you.

Just photostat the drawing, highlight the areas tested and attach it.

Hope it helps.

Cheers :lol
Joey
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 03-09-2011 01:52 Edited 03-09-2011 01:58
If you are working for the fabricator, you may want a form that details which long seam, short seam and if a corner weld what feet and inches.
All I want is is see the vacuum test done and then sign off the paper work.
If you are looking to develop a form that will be used in the field it better be brain dead simple. I have seen guys do really complex vacuum forms in a office and they get pencil whipped in the field. All 650 requires is the welds be vacuum tested. There is no documentation requirement per 650 7.3.3. All my field erectors/repair organization only have a form that says they did it, the vacuum test meets the requirement of 8.6.1, I witnesses it and the foreman and I sign off.
I work with 5 contractors and over the years more than 20, and they all do it the same way.
Bullganger's do not like complex
Parent - By Joey (***) Date 03-09-2011 05:49 Edited 03-09-2011 07:50
"All 650 requires is the welds be vacuum tested. There is no documentation requirement per 650 7.3.3."

“You are correct that there is no documentation requirement per 650 7.3.3. because the requirement is written in 650 8.6.10 which states “A record or report of the test including a statement addressing temperature and light intensity shall be completed and furnished to the Purchaser upon request.” ----(see 2007 ed Bro :confused:)

Want an earlier ed?
650 (10th ed 1998)

Here you go...6.6.10 "A record or report of the test including a statement addressing temperature and light intensity shall be completed and furnished to the customer upon request"
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / API 650 vacuum box test report