Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Work is picking up!
- - By Johnny Walker (***) Date 03-09-2011 00:42
Had 4 calls today!!
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-09-2011 03:06
Glad to hear it man!!!   Hope it creeps up this way.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-09-2011 03:26
I've noticed some increase in requests for bids.  Doesn't mean I'll actually get the work. 

Another problem I've noticed is the amount of time it is taking jobs to actually brake ground after contracts have been awarded.  Takes twice as long as it used to.  For a slow economy you would think people would want to get things moving.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By JMCInc (**) Date 03-09-2011 19:14
I have noticed that all the people doing the work want to get the show on the road but the person writing the checks is still apprehensive. They are always wondering if this is the bottom, is this the level best price that I can get. A friend of mine, an electrician, rebid the same job FOUR times before the client pulled the trigger. He was frustrated but he did get the job. You just have to keep your shoulder to the wheel.

Jon
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 03-10-2011 00:49
Got more work on the books for this year than I had done all last year or the year before !!!!!! Was literally 3 days away from shutting down the shop, laying off my last 2 employees (with me for 10 & 15 years) and going to work chasin' rigs or compressor stations:cry: ( had called Cactus for some info. and was readying the rig) Luckily a customer called to give me a 40k job I had bid at least 4 times over the last year!!!!! Since then I've picked up three big jobs, and it's lookin' good bidding more work for this summer.:grin: "ALWAYS REMEMBER IT AINT OVER TILL ITS OVER":wink: From Pittsburgh home of dem' Stillers.....:yell:
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 03-10-2011 01:11
Makes you wonder where all that "Stimulus" money went, don't it?
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 03-10-2011 01:50
GOOD LUCK !!! Hope you do well on them !!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Work is picking up!