Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / My day off yesterday
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-11-2011 13:10
Took the day off yesterday, no truck bed, no welding, nothing. Got the idea I needed to do some cooking in the kitchen though. Picked up some chicken breasts and ingredients and spent about 3 hours in the kitchen whippin' up dinner. Made a balsamic marinade for the chicken, cut up some sweet tater's into large french fries and glazed carrots with a garlic dip for the fries. Marinade was balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar and rosemary. Ate my first plate and was full.....could not resist another piece of chicken though!!!
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 04-11-2011 14:45
Hey Shawn, where is it you live now.... and when's dinner? That looks great, closet chef eh? Regards, Allan
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-11-2011 15:50 Edited 04-11-2011 15:53
Definetly a closet chef! Figure I'll most likely never make it to places like Venice(not Kalifornia) or Paris(not Tennessee) or Rome(not NY, been there actually!) So the only way to experience the food of the places I'd like to visit is to make it at home. My wife was wanting to skimp for some low buck olive oil, told her I'd pay for it and got what I wanted. The bottle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar had dust on them cause the price would just scare most away. There is definetly a difference though, put some of the Colavita on your finger and take a taste then taste some of the low buck(for when my wife cooks) and you can taste how the Colavita is much better.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-11-2011 14:56
Renaissance man!

Looks great.

If you reduced the portions by half, you could charge $75 per plate downtown!
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-11-2011 15:53
LoL!! The wife keeps saying she wants to open a cafe! She's the one who took the pictures, probably have every exotic thing I've made stored on the computer because she wants to document all of it. Got 3 pieces of chicken in the fridge that are for the kids....it's gonna be hard not to raid their leftovers!
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 04-14-2011 21:42
OMG-- I do onsite welder repair and check out. Let me know next time you have a day off and plan to cook. nummy!!!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-15-2011 02:44
I ever get out that way for work I'll whip some grub together to cook on the line like nobody has ever seen! And you'll be invited!
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-16-2011 17:50
DANG IT BOY!!!!   That is tearing me up after a week of choke and puke fast food and eating out of the cooler!!   Very nice.   I use to love to cook till I acquired such a big family....now it is a lot of work because of the amount.  I still break down and do Chinese, Korean and Thai food every once in a while.   Most of the time I just smoke or BBQ large hunks of meat to keep down on the work though.

I cannot wait to come visit you Shawn as long as I can talk you into cooking a meal or two!!:wink:
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-19-2011 17:30
Yeah, playin the choke n puke game this week. Ate at a chinese joint last night. Filled my belly and did not get sick so I guess it did what it was supposed to. Think tonight the guys are talking about a place that has good pizza, we'll see. Got plans to do some orange and balsamic marinade saturday, might do some chops and toss them on the grill.
Parent - - By Pickupman (***) Date 04-19-2011 23:26
Chinese,mmmmm pigeon and pooch, yummie.:grin:
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-20-2011 01:27
While we were eating one of the guys said he heard if it was white meat it was cat, dark meat and it was dog!!!
Parent - - By Pickupman (***) Date 04-20-2011 02:43
So many cats, so few recipes.:lol: I hear they taste like chicken.
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 04-20-2011 19:29
No cat tastes more like an old carp raised in a golf course pond full of those awesome nutritious insecticides in the water..!! lol
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 04-21-2011 00:26
Carp, now thats a whole nuther story. I think it would be great fun to run down a river with those asian carp jumping out of the water just blastin away with a scatter gun. I wonder if you'd have to use steel shot, because actually once they jump they become waterfowl, right?:lol:
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 04-21-2011 07:23
Why do Cats lick themselves???
Because they ARE DELICIOUS!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / My day off yesterday