Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / pc idle board
- - By KFab (**) Date 04-28-2011 00:48
I could really use some help  i have this loose wire coming off my pc board,  Iam not too sure where it goes.. im pretty lost,  iam curently trying to track down my no low idling problem.   first things first this damn wire.  i swear it was just up in there some where and i tuged it EVER so gently and dislodged it.  im thinking reed switch ? this wire is 2nd from the bottom right of the pc board.      thanks for any help

Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 04-28-2011 02:39
It looks like a spare wire, just clip it off. :yell::twisted:
Parent - - By KFab (**) Date 04-28-2011 03:02
somone told me it was suppost to be grounding for the pc board.. but clipping it off will get rid of the loose wire problem.
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 04-28-2011 05:35
Looks like some kind of fuse link.  Ground wires are normally green not red.
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 04-28-2011 14:06 Edited 04-28-2011 14:47
Red goes to the reed relay. Stupid internet today the last one posted twice but same thing.

Kaye has the whole machine schematics on their site. 

http://www.billswelderrepair.com/SA200schematics.html
Parent - - By KFab (**) Date 04-28-2011 16:41
ok i c the reed relay but the wire comming of the top of the relay goes to the machine ground near the pc board .  So where does this attach to on the relay,  on the other side of the relay is plunger which i know when a magnetic field is activated it closes the ground its on top of the selector switch, which has lots of amps running though it .  i dont want to have my hand in there messing around with the machine on.  Do you know how it attaches to the switch ?  from the top where the copper ribbon goes to the dc - terminal  or from the bottom where the plunger is ?  if its from the bottom how in the hell is it suppose to attach  theres just a hole in the bottom with no way of holding it there.
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 04-29-2011 20:11
Sounds like your reed switch and holder is broke.  Get a new holder to fix yourself or trade it out with Bill's or Stumpfs.

http://www.billswelderrepair.com/

http://www.stumpfweldingsupplies.com/
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 05-02-2011 13:53
It is half of the relay. Here is a picture of it in one piece
Attachment: t12012-2.jpg (0B)
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 04-30-2011 18:09
The loose wire you have in your hand is one part of the reed switch. It fits behind the output stud in a copper coil. You need T12012-2 reed switch $8.34. Solder some wires onto it reinstall it in the cardboard tube in the reed switch strap and now your machine will once again go to high idle when you strike an arc.
Parent - By KFab (**) Date 04-30-2011 23:09
yes u guys are right.. i looked at one of my friends machine and it was solid in there.  i will try sodering it if that doesnt work ill buy a new one.. thanks
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / pc idle board