Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Osama Bin Laden is DEAD
- - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 05-02-2011 03:37
That is what they are saying.  I think we need to bring the body back and put it on display for 30 days in each of the 50 states.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-02-2011 14:16
So any word about who MAY get the reward that was offered???

Or was it a missile strike?  I haven't seen any of this yet so am just asking.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
- - By Josh Flynn (**) Date 05-02-2011 10:49
They buried the body after he was carried back to the ship.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-02-2011 11:05
Yeah............ I think OBAMA BIN LADEN is just trying to get votes. WHY IN HELL would he have buried the body at sea ? Maybe...................because there was no body ?
Parent - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-02-2011 12:23
maybe the body will magically appear after a thee year wait like his birth certificate
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 05-02-2011 13:38
Just glad it was settled "OUT OF COURT" as it should be!!!!!! :grin: No political B.S., REFRESHING to see something work out as it should(karma).   It took long enough, but somethings just ain't easy as it looks. :confused: A GREAT DAY FOR THE USA and its ARMED FORCES !!!!!!:yell:
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 05-02-2011 15:45
i will wait untill i see the long form death certificate lol
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 05-02-2011 18:34
Typical political BS!!! People need to wake up and research what is really going on with our so called government. I agree with Cactus this is very suspicious IMO and sounds like Obama is looking for votes. Yes I have no use for Obama or any of the presidents in my lifetime. Our nation is in the toilet because of the government we have chosen. If we keep it up we will get exactly what we have been getting. Yes this is insanity IMO!

Let me pose this question... If I ran my business like our government runs our country how long would I be in operation? Ponder this, I can't print phony money and get away with it! However our government does it every day and the POS Obama has been the biggest crook to date.

There is only one way to get out of this mess that I can see but I will keep my opinion to myself on that issue.
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 05-02-2011 20:06 Edited 05-02-2011 20:08
War is over and we can all go Home!!!
yeah, right.
Now, this can go down into history mysteries like Hitler's corpse.
- - By thermopsummit (*) Date 05-02-2011 21:47
Cant believe if he is really dead anyone would bury the evidence,
Parent - By RioCampo (***) Date 05-02-2011 22:29
I believe he said in the address he gave, that bin laden was killed last week. WTH! I have never seen an administration give so many excuses. Bin Laden will be labeled the cause of all evil by the end of the week. Fuel and food prices will be his fault. The loss of poppy being distributed in the US. I bet there are at least 100 other things he is to blame for.
Wasn't Bin Laden undergoing dialysis for the last several years? This whole deal just seems odd. They buried him at sea? Well forgot DNA testing to confirm it was really him. You think the Al Queda aren't smart enough to have somebody who looks like BIn Laden?
I sure hope it was him, but I doubt it really changes anything in the scope of things.
Parent - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 05-02-2011 22:33
It would be nice if his carcass was buried in the USA, so some Florida Reverend could pour pigs blood all over the ground there!  However, as it stands, I'll bet that there is no country in that area of the world that would allow his burial on their land!
- - By pocket change (**) Date 05-03-2011 02:27
I would like to see proof a finger,toe, what about his head! they should have kept him alive. Then tied one foot to the bottom of the chopper and kept dunking him in the ocean on the way to america. Then sold rocks to every american and had a old fashioned rock beating. i think it is a political thing for osama i mean obama to get votes (election is coming up soon)
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 05-03-2011 02:48
Just friggen typical.  A$$holes in here take what should be a positive and use it to bash our own political system.  Is it so bad in the USA that 2 sides of the equation can't come together and be happy a maniac is dead???  If so, then we're no damned better than these radicals.  For fark sake, I hope this is a positive thing???
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-03-2011 02:52
Are you SURE he is dead ? I mean 100%, without a doubt, sure ? Would you bet everything on the fact that he is dead ? If so, How do you know ?
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 05-03-2011 03:23
Are you sure there is a God or Jesus Christ?  Not everything is a conspiracy. 

While I too found the sea burial suspicious I buy the arguement. 

I'm thankful the wicked, evil bastard is dead and personally I don't give a good g*ddamned who gets credit for it but obviously credit goes to our most advanced fighting unit.  Do you really think our men and women in uniform would go along with this if it were BS???  It just pisses me off to no end that we Americans can't come together to rejoice the end of an evil bastard without using it somehow to flog the opposing political parties.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-03-2011 12:28
Jon, Sorry, but me, myself, personally, see quite a bit of difference in God, Jesus Christ and Bin Laden. Just me though. I belive he is dead. Otherwise he would have made the Biggest Fool the World has ever seen out of his brother by now. I mean, All it would take at this point is for him to appear in a news paper or news station. And Wah Lah...Obama looks like a Bigger idiot than he already is. I just think it could have been done VERY differently as far as proving to the World he is dead.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 05-03-2011 03:50 Edited 05-07-2011 03:43
If You the great Cactus saw a ded tall aribic guy would YOU believe it is Bin Ladin ? How would seeing the ded body of a guy You never knew make You certain?

I tend to trust the military and their DNA test results more than them putting a corps of Bin Ladin on display for US to pass judgment on.
They COULD make any aribic corpse look like Him with some work.

If they faked this for political [re election] stragity, they are over a year too early. People won't even be thinking about this by election time.

They could have set up a courpse tour with DNA and other documentation proving identity and went 'round the world with it.
They could have charged $5 to rub spam on Him, $10 to pee on the body or $25 to poop on it to cover the expenses.
This is not an option as it would disrespect gihadists everywhere, and they have become more holy than Jesus in the PC eyes of the world.

Ding Dong the WICKED BI*CH IS DED!!!
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 05-03-2011 06:56 Edited 05-04-2011 06:16
AMEN TO THAT DAVE & JON!!!

If you ask me, there's too many sour pusses in here still crying about how our Commander in Chief recently put "the donald" and the rest of the "birthers" in their place!!! A bunch of sore losers if you ask me!!!:cry::confused::mad::twisted:

Finally, this isn't a partisan event that was concocted for political gain... This is something we all as Americans can rally around as another symbolic and yet, victorious battle in the global war on terrorism... This was supposed to be bipartisan in celebration yet, when the Republican leadership had their news conference over this matter, they ended it by leaving the podium without even answering one single question that was asked of them as if they were too embarrassed to answer any of them in the first place, and I saw this on C-span as opposed to any of the politically biased network news media!!!:surprised::cool::wink:

Dave & Jon got it sooo right!!! We all must put our collective differences aside, and finally come together to work in putting this nation back to where it once was as opposed to continuing this childish, less than even high school level of immature behavior which ultimately divides us even further!!! SO GROW UP ALREADY!!! Accept the fact that if we remain divided, our nation in which we all have one thing in common which is our collective love of The United States of America, will cease to exist...

UNITED WE STAND - DIVIDED WE FALL!!!:cool::smile::grin:

Respectfully :lol:
Henry
Parent - By Jaxddad (**) Date 05-03-2011 10:27
Ok so he is dead thats over and the war goes on. My question is have everyone of you called you elected represenitives and asked them what they are going to do about Pakistan? They have knowingly been holding this man for ten years now. He lived in a manson less then 100 yeards from a Paistan military base!!!! As far as I am concerned the seals did the job now its time to punish those that helped him live. Just my opionion but Eric Holder should file a law suite against the pakistan government for the cost of the war for the last ten years. As a tax payer that has funded this battle I feel they owe me and others that have footed the bill when they where aiding the criminal the whole time. I also feel that they the families of every American that died or was wounded in combat while searching for this slime should recive funds from the goveernment that held him safe while they suffered searching for him.

I am kinda proud Barry had the guts to make the call for operation to take place now he could really show us he gives a crap and close the boarders then he brag about keeping us safe.
Semper FI
Dwight
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-03-2011 15:01
While I have some reservations about the entire handling of this affair and have absolutely no admiration for our current leadership, at any level of National office,  I agree with Henry, Dave, and Jon. 

Most of us would never know rather it was him or not.  While I don't feel we need to RESPECT his religion in a quick burial with the way he has treated all people of the world, I don't know that it really makes a difference.

I hope and pray that this makes some definite changes in the levels of attack we have experienced.  But I'm not sure that it will.  The religion and culture live on. 

We as a common group can at least stand together in thanking our troops for their service to this country and the world and thanking any administration that gives them any support at all to do their job. 

Time will tell.  Hopefully this will not end in a feud here on the forum about rather he is still alive or not.  Not sure anyone here has the ability to truly back up a claim either way.  And speculation is not worth getting ourselves worked up about. 

This one thing I know (I hope you have this faith also) God Is In Control.  Nothing I can do about it either way.  But I can thank those who are more actively involved in the service of this country than I am in that I am not in uniform and on the ground fighting for lives.  In our own way, many here are fighting for freedom.  Most of us pay taxes that provide for all levels of defense in this country and that may be all that some do.  But we have many avenues of support beyond that. 

I said it in another post, if this is indeed true, I don't care if Obama gets the credit.  He is the current Commander In Chief.  The buck stops there.  And we don't have, and probably never will have ALL of the facts. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-04-2011 12:44 Edited 05-05-2011 14:05
I agree with the fact of Dead is Dead. And I for one, am GLAD he is Dead ! I suppose I am closer to the politics than most on here and that is why I get so worked up about it. I have been in Houston at the OTC since last Saturday.  I have spent the last 2 days in Meetings with Saudi, India and Nigerian Goverments. Yesterday (May 3) I sat in a closed door meeting with the Director of the DPR (Department of Petroleum Resources) from Nigeria. As well as the Goverment Buyers from India. The Office we met in, was a VERY elaborate office at a HIGHLY respected Law firm in Houston. The Legal Advisor for the Nigerian DPR look me dead in the eye, and proceded to tell me how disrespectful Americans were because we didn't offer her Hot Tea to drink instead of Iced Tea of Coca-Cola ! WTF ? Most of you have either read my post or have known me long enough to know that I damn near blew a gasket. THEN, the Assistant Director of Nigeria DPR stood up and ask the 10 guys in the room, who were all from the US, to tell our fellow Americans how good of a people they are, we all sat in disbeleif. THEN, We had to arrange 2 Limos to take them back to there hotel. The reason for 2 Limo's was that the Director, said that he could not and would not ride with his staff. WHAT A CROCK OF SH*T ! So, enough of my ramble. This is just one example of some of the many things I see in my personal life that puts me a little closer to the politics and practices and customs of other Countries. And I still say this. This is the USA ! If you Visit us, need our help, are among us or IF YOU ARE BEING DELT WITH BY US. SCREW THEIR CUSTOMS AND BELEIFS ! As far as Bin Laden goes, I think they should have Televised his "Double Tap". Then, as was posted previously, They should not only poured pigs blood all over him. They should have Sealed him in a 55 Gallon Drum full of Pigs Blood and then kicked him overboard. That could have been a #1 rated Episode of Dateline, 20/20 or 60 minutes. Just my opinion
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 05-04-2011 21:14 Edited 05-04-2011 21:19
This is how the USN should have buried this evil:evil::confused: motherphuc#@&!!!:yell::yell::twisted::wink:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 05-05-2011 22:17
Now thats funny LMAO
Parent - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 05-03-2011 16:52
That POS is dead and cold.  SEAL Team Six said so.  Regardless of politics, this was a victory for the American people and for the free world.  I like the method of disposal.  No grave for the other nutjobs to flock to.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-03-2011 11:16
I just think that with all of the technology that is availible today, That Bin laden's brother, Obama, could have done a better job of showig the world he is dead. Other than getting on TV, saying "We Killed Him ! He's Dead" ! AND THEN, without showing the world anything, He says "We Buried him at sea". I think it should have been handle differently. THEN, they use the excuse, "We had to clean his body and bury him within 24 hours because of his religious beliefs ?  B*LLSH*T !!!!! Who gives a RAT"S AS* what he beleived ? He didn't seem to care about anyone else when he killed them. I personally think they should have televised the "DoubleTap' that ended him.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-03-2011 12:47
Well, had a big thing written out on my opinion....but thinking I'll sit this one out. Just easier to sit back and spectate.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 05-03-2011 22:59
Cactus, don't you think the BEST move for OBAMA now would be to give PAKISTAN notice that in 24 hrs. a MASSIVE AIRSTRIKE is going to be executed against the compound and surrounding area!!!!! EVACUATE a 10 block area of the civilians because where comin' in !!!!! A GIANT FU@# YOU to  PAKISTAN :yell:
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-04-2011 01:38
10 Block area my ass. I say evacuate Pakistan !
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 05-05-2011 23:38
Very well said Dave!    Ok for you conspiracy theorists or folks thinking it is a scam to help buy votes.  EVERY single time Bin Laden has been under fire, or suspected of close calls etc.  He has issued a tape within the same week with current news references to let the world know he got by without a scratch.  This makes it easy for his "group" to know he is still the MFIC and at the same time flies a big bird to the world against him...it is politically smart on his part.  

WHERE IS THIS INSTANCES TAPE on newscasts all over the world????????????????

OBAMA had little to do with it...but give the SOB credit for giving the go ahead and taking the risk of being wrong!!...it was untold hours by our intelligence and well executed work by our military.   WHO CARES.....he is smoked and the world is better for it...that is all that truly matters.   

I agree with dumping his body for fish food...I would have bought a high price ticket to watch that "ceremony".  That in itself is a huge insult to his followers.  I do not need a picture of it, for every printer in the world to make a quick buck off of, at the cost of more fuel to a fire of extremism that has cost us many a young men's life, sanity, or future.    Walk softly (and quietly), carry a BIG piece of hickory....That is the way that fits me as an American.  

In the end unfortunately for all of us....he was just a piece of a bigger pie of S*&T the world ain't done with....there is too much work to deal with this issue then any of us have the time to be privy to.  Just pray we can get results at a faster pace now then before.

I personally have known an Iraqi (Muslim) I worked with during the first Gulf War.  He was friendly as heck, help full and he worked his tail off in a factory and was more gratefull for it all ..then I could ever force myself to be.  I talked to him a lot,   all I got to say is he was good people as anyone else I ever called a friend and better then most....he had great heart. 

The old axiom ..a few bad apples spoil the whole barrel.....that is only true if your stupid or to lazy to dig a little.

My $.02   (my apologies if I pissed you off personally....but That is what I feel about it like it or not).
Tommy
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-06-2011 02:16
The war against terror is NOT OVER!

jrw159 :cool:
- - By CWI555 (*****) Date 05-04-2011 05:31
I don't really give a damn about the politics behind it. Dead is dead. A burial at sea rather than an eventual shrine? I agree with that as well.

I do however find it hard to believe we didn't know about that compound since he was apparently there for 10 years but whatever, he's toasty fish food now.

I do think some retribution is in order for Pakistan given there is no way in hell they didn't know he was there.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 05-04-2011 14:19
I LOVED this post on yahoo:

The President was classy and thanked the work that the Bush administration had done. Bush was classy and congratulated the President. Even Dick Cheney was classy and praised the work of the Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations. Let's stay classy America.

So fellow Forum Members, why can't we do the same?

I read a very, very poigniant statement from one of the bins many, many sons, to losely quote (kind of) "he hated his enemies more than he loved his family."

From where I live, it seems no different than what I read in this part of our Forum.  Please, just give it some thought.

He was an evil bastard and deserved to die (WITHOUT a TRIAL by the way) and every single GOOD "TRUE" Muslim I know was happy that he's no longer and more or less agrees. 

I know I'll take a lot of flack speaking highly of "most" "Muslims" but in my personal experience, most are good.  Its just the psychopathic deviant that was in bin that makes the whole basket stink.

I also don't expect people who have never been outside of America to understand but maybe they will also understand why I'm saying what I'm saying; though I doubt it.
Parent - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-04-2011 14:32
I AGREE WITH cACTUS IHOPE THE SOB IS DEAD, BUT MORE DEFINITE POOF COULD HAVE BEEN PROVIDED.
HIS BROTHER ODUMBA IS DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY FROM WITHIN. I DON'T THINK ANYONE COULD ****
UP THIS COUNTRY SO BAD IF THEY WER'NT TRYING TO DO SO. WAKE UP AMERICA
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 05-04-2011 16:33
Pro 24:17   "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:  "

I see your point Jon.    However I think we also need to be quite clear that the Islamic *minority* who hates the west and wants to kill/subjugate us, must be counted in the hundreds of millions.   It's a minority alright, but one with the manpower to cause untold harm.  Those hundreds of millions of islamics believe they are "true", and thats all that really matters.

All the blather about desecration of bodies and how demanding or barbaric other cultures are is foolishness that ignores the messy place we live in right here.   Its a non sequitur.

Even Rush Limbaugh said the President did a good job, allowed his military advisors (who are by the way, almost to a man the same cabinet level and ground generals who advised President Bush) to do their jobs.

Many of the same folks who are demanding pigs blood, or acting like they actually did something, and are patriots, are the same folks who might in another conversation the very same day say to other folks that they are Christian men in a Christian nation. No nation has the market cornered on righteousness or evil works.

Jon I agree with your encouragement that we show a little more class.  What ever happened to "walk softly and carry a big stick".... ?
Parent - - By 357max (***) Date 05-04-2011 14:29
Last night the news channels were displaying UBL this and UBL this. I might have missed something I thought it was OBL. Note the other post Usama Bin Laden is dead. Is it Usama or is it Osama? If Usama is Usama and Osama is Osama is there one or two people? And if we have Usama dead and Osama alive he can now operate in complete anomyty (sp).
Henry Kissinger interview and others have noted Pakistan is allied with China. What can Pakistan do with a 100 million man Chineese army? Maybe we are being forced to play nice with the Pakistanies. They are looking out for their best interest and it is not the USA's.
An interesting note from the Washington Post - the 1700 mile abandoned "Silk Road" has been or is being rebuilt west from China to & through Kazakhatan (how close is that to Pakistan)and into Europe.
We are definitely living in interesting times.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 05-04-2011 14:47 Edited 05-04-2011 14:50
jesus.  so sorry, but looking at american illiteracy in real time.

Gents, for "US" being one of the most sophisticated and advanced countries oin the planet I have some very, very sad news.  Please, read above.  My colleagues are going to think I hate America, but its aimply not true, I hate people making fun of us......

and, by the way; I will NOT correct my own mistakes because I have FAT fingers.
Parent - - By mbrush (*) Date 05-05-2011 15:28
I was wondering the same thing regarding the spelling of his name. From WikiPedia:

"There is no universally accepted standard for transliterating Arabic words and Arabic names into English; bin Laden's name was most frequently rendered "Osama bin Laden". The FBI and CIA, as well as other U.S. governmental agencies, have used either "Usama bin Laden" or "Usama bin Ladin", both of which may be abbreviated as "UBL". Less common renderings include "Ussamah Bin Ladin" and "Oussama Ben Laden" in the French-language media. Other spellings include "Binladen" or, as used by his family in the West, "Binladin". The spellings with o and e come from a Persian-influenced pronunciation also used in Afghanistan, where bin Laden spent many years".
Parent - By 357max (***) Date 05-06-2011 01:25
thanx mbrush thats what I was thinking.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 05-06-2011 09:06 Edited 05-07-2011 01:26
Delete
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 05-06-2011 18:50
Two days ago you encouraged us to keep it classy.

Apparently that was an ironic statement that I totally misunderstood.

Wow.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 05-06-2011 22:39
Navy Seals and American Soldiers have no such "traditons"

Seal teams follow their orders with speed and dicipline. 

Pissing on corpses, sodomy and religious blasphamies, are things a U.S. Navy Seal would never consider doing to an enemy combatant.   No matter what their targets had done.  They do their jobs perfectly, and get out.

This sick humor on an international forum is an embarassment and a shame to veterans and real servicemen, who have actually lived the diciplined style that embodies the good parts of American society.

There is nothing patriotic or good in this behavior

People who have made these ugly posts should delete them now and apologize.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 05-07-2011 01:25 Edited 05-07-2011 02:23
My apologies.  You are correct I intended the "keep it classy" to be about our own political issues.  In fact, my apologies to ALL the Forum members, I've been a bit more of an A$$ than usual, just have some personal issues going on.  Sorry.
Parent - By pocket change (**) Date 05-07-2011 03:20
I just thought it was wierd that they come on tv said we killed him and dumped the body in the ocean. dont know of any american city that would want the POS buried on there turf. I just dont care for most things that obama does. Glad to see he kept the presure on osama though. AMERICA has always been and will be the best place on earth. thanks to all our millitary especialy the special forces.
Parent - By Ringo (***) Date 05-08-2011 03:41
I agree Lawrence.

Navy seals are by far the toughest dudes our country has to offer,and they would always uphold everything that we hold dear as American's.But as far as I'm concerned,that guy got just what he deserved.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Osama Bin Laden is DEAD