Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Saudi Aramaco Welding Instructor Positions ???
- - By KFab (**) Date 05-03-2011 12:44
Has anyone here worked for saudi aramaco or and lived in there compounds in the middle east.  How was pay and the job.  Pros and cons if anyone has them.  I was told its 40 hours a week but there is over time , what is the likely hood of overtime.   How were your experiences with the culture and the company.   thanks for any info.
Parent - By Francisford (**) Date 05-03-2011 14:57
I have been to Bahrain a few times and it is quite nice for the most part.  where would you be working at?
I have have also spent some time in Kuwait and thats not bad either.
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 05-03-2011 17:44
If I were an American citizen, I wouldn't go to a Moslim country now after the death of Bin Laden. I'd wait a couple of years until things become calm.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By Smokin_1 (**) Date 05-10-2011 12:19
I have spent many years there granted mostily offshore. We worked exclusivily for aramco (subcontractor) they offered me a job as client rep but the schedule was unexeptable 90 days work, 2 weeks off. needless to say I turned down the offer even though the money was outragiously good.
       most likily you would live in an expat compound with other westerners.
I always got along fine with the local people and if you want a cold beer you just hire a taxi and go to Bahrain for a couple of cold ones.
     Let me put it this way, If you dont like it you can get on the next plane out.
Parent - By Len Andersen (***) Date 05-16-2011 19:07
Ladies and Gentlemen:
       Did a week in Jeddah Kingdom of Saudi Arabia coming back March 31 giving a welding inspection class etc and have visa to June 20th. I work with Saudi ARAMCO contractors for most of a year leaving in 1996. Not bad work but drink is prohibited and it is different than other places. The Saudi Arabian are educated and competent in my experience.  Any questions. I hope this is helpful.
Sincerely
Len Andersen    www.lenandersen.com
212-839-6599, 4042 FAX / 914-237-7689 (H) / 914-536-7101 (Mobil)
www.lenandersen.com
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Saudi Aramaco Welding Instructor Positions ???