Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / PQT in Greenville, SC
- - By swsweld (****) Date 05-10-2011 01:26
http://www.pqt.net/

Has anyone on here used PQT for PT/MT/UT training? If so, what did you think? Their SC facility is so much closer than all other choices.
Thanks in advance.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 05-10-2011 02:24
I'm taking PT/MP at Hobart Welding Institute right now.  It's a 5 day course and satisfies the training portion up to Level II.  I took my CWI training here and it's a pretty professional group.   Also the PT/MP course is only $800.00.
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 05-10-2011 12:52
That is a good price. I'd like to find a facility a little closer though. PQT is the closest that I've found. Looks fine to me just curious if any forum members have used it for training.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-10-2011 13:15
Yup....took their MT and PT courses a few years back as refreshers and had them test me for my company MT, PT and UT certifications.

Be sure to tell Bill Sr. and Bill Jr. "Hi" for me.
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 05-10-2011 13:33
Thanks John. Apparently you were satisfied given the repeat business.
I will relay the message if I go. With my situation it is hard to get/take a week or two off but
I'm going to go full time CWI/qc so additional NDE qualifications
are a must.
Parent - - By Josh Flynn (**) Date 05-10-2011 11:34
Website looks to show they have there stuff in order, you might also wont to look at Central Piedmont CC in Charlotte.  They offer all the training you listed and might be closer.
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 05-10-2011 13:17
Thanks Josh,
Charlotte is closer and my daughter lives there too.
I think their program is by semesters, but I could be wrong.
I met the guy that is over that program (cpcc) when I took my CWI test in Charlotte in 2006.
I wish it was closer, I would have been taking their programs at night.
2 plus hours one way though.

Thought about online courses but not sure it is as valuable as attending in person.
I recently took OSHA 30 online and it was sooo boring.
Parent - By Josh Flynn (**) Date 05-10-2011 13:58
They do offer a two year program and also individual programs. I wish it were closer also I would have taken the two year program. There schedule shows MT/PT scheduled for last week of May and UT LVL 1 and 2 are scheduled for the first two weeks in June.  I have thought about online programs including the one at PQT and I just don't know if it meets all the requirments.  I spoke with someone down at PQT awhile back about there MT online and was told the certification you recieve when you complete the course online does not state the hours you completed but states that you have meet the requirments for there program and TC-1A. They told me it follows the same outline as there classroom training less the hands on portion. I was also told that it would be up to your level 3 if they will accept this as meeting the required hours for the method you took being as the paper work does not state hours of training.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / PQT in Greenville, SC