Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Finally did it!
- - By jon20013 (*****) Date 05-14-2011 02:39
Well, after nearly 4 years on what I think may have been the best job ever for a welding engineer, I've informed my management that I'm NOT going to renew my Kazakhstan work permit when it expires on October 1, which of course is an automatic resignation. 

It's been challenging to say the least and I've met some fantastic people from all around the planet but with all of the seismic activity we've been having in New Zealand it's past due for me to be home.  My wife is thrilled of course (but those 5-figure paychecks haven't stopped coming in... yet, lol). 

Anyway, next challenge will either be at home, in Christchurch, or somewhere within a 1 day flight from home.  I suippose this means I might be working for the local hardware store or garden center, lol!!! :)
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 05-14-2011 02:52
Good luck with the changes to Your life. There are some things that more money doesn't solve.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Finally did it!