Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / job on indeed
- - By jffluxcore (**) Date 06-09-2011 20:48
I sawa job for many trades, $ ranged 50 to 180 per hr. they feed you, doring working hours and house you after 3 month. it was a manchester ct. contractor withour a phone number. the job in camroom africa. any body heard about this.
Parent - By cwipaulk Date 06-09-2011 22:12
I would be very careful of anything pertaining to Africa. A lot of scams out there
claiming to offer jobs. Not saying it isn't legit, it may be.  But I know a guy who
worked on an offshore rig some years back off of Nigeria and they were held hostage
for three days by thugs with automatic weapons and were threatened with being
hung by the neck off the side of the rig if their demands were not met.
Africa, in my opinion, is a dangerous place.  But you may hear some good reports
from people who have worked there as well. Just be careful and investigate very well
before making a move.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 06-10-2011 00:07
State Dept: SAFETY AND SECURITY: Cameroon experienced significant civil unrest in half of its ten regions in February 2008. Although a rapid resumption of violence is considered unlikely, U.S. citizens living in or visiting Cameroon are encouraged to stay abreast of local political and social developments that could signal instability in the country. Presidential elections are scheduled for 2011. You should remain alert as these elections approach.

Embassy employees have been instructed to refrain from travel outside of city limits after dusk, and to be cautious in their movements in centrally located areas within cities and towns. Private U.S. citizens are urged to follow the same guidelines, and should not travel by night on Cameroon’s dangerous highways. Armed highway bandits (most notably in border areas); poorly lit and maintained roads; hazardous, poorly-maintained vehicles; and unskilled, aggressive, and intoxicated drivers all pose threats to motorists. Attacks and accidents are most common outside major towns, especially in the regions bordering Chad and the Central African Republic, but occur in all areas of the country.

I'll pass on that one.
Parent - By jffluxcore (**) Date 06-10-2011 10:00
Thanks Guys.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / job on indeed