Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / PQR Essiantial Variable Change in goove type.
- - By bhichai.s (*) Date 06-16-2011 05:50 Edited 06-16-2011 12:07
Dear Expert.

I've a question in PQR Essiantial Variable Change in goove type as per Table 4.5, title 31.

That say...."A change in groove type (e.g. single-V to double-V), except qualification of any CJP groove weld qualifies for any groove detail conforming with the requirements of 3.12 or 3.13"

My question... when I had PQR Qualified by Single-Bevel and CJP welded, this PQR can be use for another groove type or not? (e.g. Single-V, Double-V and etc)

The point is a word "except qualification of any CJP groove weld........" in above.

That will be excepted for any groove type (e.g. Single-V, Double-V and etc), when qualified by any CJP groove, that also can be use this PQR support for weld in any groove type,

or excepted for any groove detail (dimension of joint tolerance e.g. root face = +2,-0 or groove angle = +10,-5 degree and etc.), and qualified only for qualification groove type.

======================================================

Conclusion....

When in had PQR qualified by Single-Bevel Groove Type and CJP.

I'll use this PQR for Double-V or Single-V groove type or not?

=====================================================

Please be answers me for clarify in my mind, Thank you very much.

Best Regards.
Bhichai S.
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 06-17-2011 08:54
bhichai.s,
If you change your groove type it is an essential variable except if you have qualified with a CJP groove weld you can weld with any groove type listed in 3.12 or 3.13.
So if you have a single bevel CJP groove PQR you can use it for other joints as long as you comply with the two clauses listed above,
Regards,
Shane
Parent - By bhichai.s (*) Date 06-17-2011 17:17
Dear Shane,

Thank you very much, your answer is very clear.....

Bhichai
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / PQR Essiantial Variable Change in goove type.