Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Calling all AWS S.E.N.S.E instructors
- - By cccasey (**) Date 11-09-2002 04:26
How many AWS S.E.N.S.E school instructors use this forum? Just curious if anyone else thought this to be as useful as I do.
Parent - - By don (**) Date 11-11-2002 20:00
We are a SENSE school and yes I find this to be a useful site. I must admit I wish AWS was as useful, they are VERY good at sending bills out! But I have had much less success with gaining information, feedback and or information from them. I wonder if any other SENSE schools feel this way or am I just wrong?
Parent - - By cccasey (**) Date 11-12-2002 02:52
Would you mind telling me what curriculum you use to meet your competency requirements for AWS?
Parent - - By don (**) Date 11-12-2002 15:29
Certianly, we use the Principles of modern Welding book by larry jeffus. It has alot of AWS entry level welder info in it including wps for the qualification welds. In addition we use questions very similiar to the entry level welder test in segments as we teach. I am trying to get AWS to give SENSE schools copies of thier AWS WPS's on arc mig tig flux core but cant get any reply.
don
Parent - By cpollock Date 11-12-2002 19:40
Hi Don,
The WPSs that are part of the SENSE program are available. We don't have them for all processes, but we cover the basics.

Let me know what you need and I'll see how I can help.

Chris Pollock
Director, AWS Education Product Development
cpollock@aws.org
(800) 443-9353, Ext. 219
Parent - By WBI (*) Date 11-12-2002 16:35
I'm not sure what a SENSE school is but I thnk I know why AWS is reluctant to give out information. Any RFI (request for information) would be considered as an opinion from an authority. As the developers of the code standard the AWS is not that sort of authority. Every case is unique and left up to the discretion of the designer, engineer or specifier for a particular project. I work for a municipality and cannot get a code interpretation from AWS, ASTM, ICBO, ACI or any other "authority" because it is a matter to be "decided by the engineer or jurisdictional authority."

Of course that just MY opinion.

And as for the bills, they are getting bigger. AWS is a non profit organization and must be paying some hansome salaries to maintain that status.
Parent - By PamelaBatson Date 06-04-2004 22:10
I need some help. I need to donate a large 6-horse/stock trailer to a welding school or ?. It is located in Davis, CA, near Sacramento, and can only travel a few miles. Any further and it would have to be hauled.. Please help with ideas or ? Thanks, Pam
Parent - By vonash (**) Date 06-05-2004 03:18
AWS is king of the crop. SENSE is a learning tool. You should apply it as such.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Calling all AWS S.E.N.S.E instructors