Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Recertification of CWI for 9years period
- - By pramotep Date 11-12-2002 08:13
How to recertification of CWI for 9 years period,and anyhow now I have stayed in Thailand. How I should do now.
remark : certificate will be expired on next October, 2003.
Parent - By WBI (*) Date 11-12-2002 16:19
Section 12.2.2 of QC1 states that requalification may be by completing the current practical exam or by presenting proof of continuous activity for the past two years AND participation in AWS training or teaching programs at accredited colleges or universities.

QC1 is free from AWS by going to their publications page
http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/shop/flyall.html?mv_arg=QC1%2d96
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 12-10-2002 15:25
Contact, or direct your e-mail to Mr. Walter Herrera at American Welding Society. I'm sure he can help you.
Parent - By - Date 03-17-2003 16:02
As stated by WBI, you can take the practical portion of the exam or you can attest to atleast to (80) contact hours earned during the 9-year certification period related to the field of welding inspection or the teaching or welding inspection subjects. (40) contact hours of the (80) MUST be earned within the final 3 years of certification.

Additionally, you may also register to take the 9-Year Re-Certification Course. This is an intensive six-day seminar that is sponsored by the AWS Education Business Unit. Upon successfully completing this seminar, your CWI certification will be re-certified.

Although this information is coming to you a bit late, I hope that it was helpful. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you with regard to your 9-year re-certification needs.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Recertification of CWI for 9years period