Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / SMAW fluxing elements
- - By cddolan74 (**) Date 08-02-2011 14:09
I'm a student getting ready to do my senior paper. Been very interested in what chemical / elements that affect the arc stability and Slag release. most of my findings cover the same materials and was hoping for some suggestions or direction on good detailed sources. Looking at Stainless 16 coating and Nickel 625 SMAW electrodes. any help from the contributers of this forum would be appreciated.
thanks
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 08-02-2011 14:40
The very best source, by far, for technical information on fluxes and slags in general is STILL Professor Clarence Jackson's Fluxes and Slags in Welding, available at the Welding Research Council as Bulletin #190. Originally written in 73 it is slightly dated in that asbestos is not used anymore, and in a few other details. But it is remarkably solid to this day and is a foundation document for virtually everything we know of fluxes and slags. Every time I turn its dog eared pages I learn something.
TWI has some excellent reports on SAW fluxes and slags. I'd suggest trying the resource library at the Hobart Institute in Troy Ohio. Talk to Marty Baker. Class lady. You can get the WRC Bulletins there too.
Parent - By cddolan74 (**) Date 08-02-2011 15:49
Thanks, in the process of getting student registered to TWI library.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / SMAW fluxing elements