Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / LN 25 Pro
- - By atc250r (**) Date 08-25-2011 00:23
So Lincoln has had the "Pro" out for a few years, and I'm wondering why it retails for $200 less than the standard Ln25.  Are there some missing features on the "Pro" model?
Parent - By Blaster (***) Date 08-25-2011 04:01
I demo'd one when they first came out and wasn't too taken with it.  I don't really remember exactly why as it was some time ago, but I believe something about the way the side door opened was irritating, as well as additional difficulty in getting your fingers down into the new drive roll assembly to thread in new wire.

Again, I don't really remember specifics, but I do remember deciding that the next time I needed a LN 25 it would be an old one.  Since then I have bought several new old style LN 25s.

Maybe I am not the only one who wasn't impressed with the new design, and maybe the new ones aren't hot sellers?

Also, the LNs have a lot of options... internal contactor, gas solenoid, etc.  Are you sure you were comparing two equally configured feeders?
Parent - By Iron Head 49 (***) Date 08-25-2011 20:19
My LN-25, (gray model) stopped working a few months ago. I took it into the repair shop with some other things, told them not to put to much time and money into the old LN-25, if it's not a quick and easy fix I just soon buy a new Pro model. Both repair guys about had a sh!t fit, they replied “the new LN-25's are junk”! “Spend the money to have this one fixed”. Never did say why they didn't like the new models:confused:. Lucky for me mine just had a loose connection, they didn't even charge me!:cool:
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / LN 25 Pro