Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Exam...
- - By bullsnbets (**) Date 08-30-2011 00:05
Are the majority of the questions on the CWI exam.. (1104), covered in the Code Book? If not, what other study material should be used in preperation for the exam? Thanks in advance.....
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-30-2011 02:44
Which part of the exam are we referring to???  On the Part B they are from the Part B book.  On the Closed Book (Part A) they are mainly from the WIT Book that you get included with the cost of the seminar and study for 3 full days at the seminar.  On the Code Book (Part C) part, API 1104 in your case, they are from the API 1104 Code Book including the index, table of contents, appendixes, erratta, etc. 

It never hurts to buy and study the other materials listed on the self study suggested materials list on the application download from AWS.  I read through almost every one of them at least once and most twice.  WIT, D1.1, and Part B I lived in for several months before the exam.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By scrappywelds (***) Date 08-31-2011 21:59
My part A test I had alot of respirator questions. My code test (1104) alot of appendix questions. The part B test know yor NDE tests what they look like and procedure of the steps. Make sure you can use the tools for the part B.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Exam...