Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Entry level, advanced level, expert leve
- - By chris kipp (*) Date 11-27-2002 00:25
We are certified through AWS as a an educational institution, eligible to proctor and evaluate Entry-level certification tests......does this also cover us for Advanced and Expert level ???????????and..................if students choose to take the 6G pipe, does that cover for Entry-level ????? I would assume so.......
Parent - By don (**) Date 11-27-2002 02:52
That is an interesting quandry.
When you pay your fee to be a SENSE program you are paid for life.
Your Educational Institution membership does not have to be renewed yearly! You are always a SENSE program at the level you pay and apply for.
EIM really just gets you discounts on AWS items, which they dont advertise in the catalog, and 3 free AWS memberships,thats really all it is.
EIM doesnt have anything to do with certification of our programs.
as you know;
You can give qualifications to welders in your program and issue a weld qualifiaction training record on any qualification you want whether you are a sense program or not.
All your wqtr means is that the welder can pass that qualification under your conditions (your WPS)
As you know, he/she will have to do them again at any jobsite anyway, you just help them prepare for it.
You would have to document the 2G 3G training along with all other items on the entry level welder competency profile.
If a welder does 6g they certianly would be qualified for the others and thats an interesting question.
Contact chris pollack at aws via e mail and ask him, hes very good to work with and knows the education dept better than anyone Ive run across, and he will answer your email.
They are changing the entry level welder format so maybe this is a good time for that question. It would be nice to be able to work things that way. I know I often have advanced welders in my program who could easily pass the tests but they are so time consuming they say to heck with it and just go for and ASME,D1.1 or API qualification instead.
That really is a good question.

Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Entry level, advanced level, expert leve