Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Kemppi Weld Machines
- - By Barbaros (*) Date 09-26-2011 19:03
I am thinking to buy 15-20 GTAW machines of this trademark. Guys who already used/using them, do you advice?

Thanks.
Parent - By jpill (**) Date 09-26-2011 19:18
Never used one myself but I do know they are becoming a popular brand in Europe among the inverter type TIG machines. From what I have seen on them they run right up there with ESAB as far as quality of weld. The parent company is based in Finland.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 09-26-2011 23:17
Good reports about them.

If you have the ability to have them serviced in your region, they might be a very good choice.
Parent - - By Regmanager (**) Date 09-27-2011 12:00
If you have the ability to have them serviced in your region, they might be a very good choice.

That's they key statement in this whole post. We don't touch them. Hard to work with and the service from Europe can be spotty.
Parent - By Sharp Tungsten (**) Date 09-28-2011 01:40
I bought one used from a machine tool dealers private stash in his basement.  It is a Kempotig AC-DC 250. It was a sweet little tig welder for 4 years then it bit the dust on me. Have had it to three different weld shops and struck out on all of them. Kemmpi is real quick to respond to my emaails but they are several thousand miles from Pennsylvania. But if I could get it fixed I would certainly invest the money. I wish thy would come back to the states they are great machines for sure.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Kemppi Weld Machines