Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Applying for job at Pratt & Whitney and have questions
- - By colby joines Date 10-02-2011 01:47
Hey guys,

I posted a few days ago about a welder position at Pratt & Whitney. Thanks for all the input. Just had another question.  I took some time today to weld 2 sample pieces. I used some pieces we had at the shop. I included some pics of what I did. My question is, should I attach these pics to my resume or not? I also included a copy of the jeob posting. Does anyone have any insight on type of training involved and what is the average pay after you gain experience?

Thanks
Colby
Attachment: Document.rtf - Job posting (3k)
Attachment: weld1.jpg (90k)
Attachment: weld2.jpg (94k)
Attachment: weld3.jpg (98k)
Attachment: weld4.jpg (104k)
Attachment: weld5.jpg (101k)
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 10-02-2011 02:14
Colby, I have close to 100 people working for me most of them full time employees and some contractors. I am also the hiring manager. A picture is just a picture and proves nothing to me. The only thing I will accept is something from an accredited facility/College. Show them who you are in your resume and what you can do in the test booth. Honesty and integrity goes a long way with me and is something I look for with the questions I ask.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-17-2011 18:58
If you are talking about the facility located in Springdale AR.  I can tell you a bit about it.  They have been "looking" for quite a while.  PM me if that is the one and I will tell you what I do know about it.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Applying for job at Pratt & Whitney and have questions