Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Electrical Parameters for Consumable Qualification
- - By Bonniweldor (**) Date 10-13-2011 15:44
AWS A.5 cites amperage and voltage characteristics for consumable qualification in accordance with AWS.

If such exists, can someone point me to the document(s) where AWS defines how the welding circuit amperage and voltage shall be measured and or calibrated?

If such does not exist, is there any other general statement by AWS about these characteristics and verification of their accuracy for consumable qualification?

Thank you for your time.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 10-13-2011 18:05
Hello Bonniweldor, I believe there are some requirements/suggestions for what you are inquiring about, I am not very familiar with their association with AWS. Some time ago I had a need to find some information about calibration and other issues. Miller had this available for me to look through/refer to. I hope that I can properly include it with this post. Good luck and regards, Allan
Attachment: CALIBRATIONBOOKLET.zip (0B)
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Electrical Parameters for Consumable Qualification