Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Are there any other inspectors getting burned out?
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-18-2011 14:10
Just wondering, feel like the lone ranger some days trying deal with the TPIs who think of themselves as God's gift to the inspection world. Good grief whatever happened to common sense?
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 10-18-2011 16:15
Sure, everyone has "those" days when you'ld just like to throw in the towel, but then another day dawns......

I think the older I get, the more accepting I become of the eccentric nature of mankind.

When people cut you down or talk behind your back, remember they took time out of their pathetic lives to think about you.:twisted:

QCRobert
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-18-2011 16:17
John,

I always assumed you were bullet proof.

After 10 years ya think ya know someone!
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-18-2011 16:41
LOL....just ranting. This one firm has sent dozens of inspectors in and they have all (but one) been really great to work with.....IOW, they find something every now and again and my guys just fix it...but this one kid wants to run to the EOR and make huge issues over trivial crap. I'm waiting for the EOR to get tired of his crap and tell him to work through this stuff and only bother him with the real issues. Trouble is the firm is really busy and have lots of work, so they are rotating inspectors through here to man all of the work they have. We get used to what pet peeves a particular inspector may have and then this kid comes along and goes against what the other 7 or 8 have been OK with all along. We live with TPIs in the shop on just about every Northern job we have and all have been very complimentary of our people and our work.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 10-18-2011 20:07
Your utilizing common sense in the face of the omnipotent TPI's knowledge??? Good lord man, go back to your office and write and immediate NRC for unauthorized use of common sense.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-18-2011 20:20
LOL...that^^ was funny...thanks for the chuckle. :cool:
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 10-18-2011 23:51
Hang in there John, kids eventually figure out that the real world isn't the way they were led to believe it would be in school. Common sense will come to them in time. Robert, I like your philosophy, I have to remember it.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-19-2011 02:30
The local garage has a poster on the wall with a big black circle. It says "BANG HEAD HERE".
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Are there any other inspectors getting burned out?