Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / $100,000 Per Year Welding Jobs!
- - By Cwiwelder (*) Date 10-26-2011 00:08 Edited 10-26-2011 01:56
This info has been posted by another forum member in regards to lack of skilled welders and how high the pay scale has risen in recent years.  It appears that this unknown outfit is having a rough time getting people to work for the paltry wage of $100K per year as they have been running this same ad since at least January of 2011.  They also appear to have multiple positions available (with the exact same wording)  as they have listings in VA, WY, IL and many other states.  Maybe Lawrence can give us some more info on this outfit??  He says they are hiring in IL also.  He's also posted info for MIG welders earning between $22.00 to $27.00 per hour.  Really?  Wire pounders for $27 per hour???  Where?  I know pipe welders who make less than that!  Hey Lawrence, how about doing some homework before you post SPAM info for trash welding jobs promising sky high wages?  I wonder how many people have sent resumes to these sites and now risk identity theft?  Here's his post along with the multiple SPAM posts listed below.  My favorite word in the job description is 'Air Arching':

+++Lawrence  Date 10-24-2011 16:23 Edited 10-24-2011 16:27 Who isn't hiring in Ill?

Here are 161 listings of a single site for jobs in Ill.....   It's not the greatest website, with some non-welding links tossed into the mix... But it does show that there are plenty of jobs available in many different welding diciplines.
http://www.illinois-job.net/?pid=1253713314832699&q=welder&l=Illinois
Here are some excerpts from just a couple of random links I hit.
MIG Welders ($22 to $27/HR)
Leading Manufacturer - Bloomington,
Peoria Heavy Plate Welders
We currently have immediate openings. Multiple site locations. Permanent Jobs. Several current welders on the staff are making in excess of $100,000 per year.

Any help appreciated.  Thanks
Welders - Heavy Plate (Permanent Hire)+++

Multiple SPAM posts for all types of welders with the EXACT same wording.  Here you go:

SPAM #1 MIG and FCAW Welders
Leading Manufacture - Tulsa, OK 74101
Created on May 03, 2011

MIG and FCAW Welders

We currently have immediate openings for FCAW Welders. Multiple site locations. Permanent Jobs - not contract. Several current welders on the staff are making in excess of $100,000 per year

Requirements
•At least 5 years experience of flux core (FCAW) welding
•Multiple pass experience
•The ability to weld in and out of position
Fantastic benefits and great place to work……..Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, just to name a few

MIG / GMAW positions also available. Permanent Hire. Very Strong benefits and Strong Wage

SPAM #2 Welders - Heavy Plate (Permanent Hire)
Large Manufacturer - Norfolk, VA 23501
Created on Apr 14, 2011

Heavy Plate Welders

We currently have immediate openings. Multiple site locations. Permanent Jobs. Several current welders on the staff are making in excess of $100,000 per year.

Requirements
•Air Arching
•Experience welding at least 1 inch plate
•Mechanical ability a plus
Fantastic benefits and great place to work……..
Relocation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, just to name a few

SPAM #3
Welders - Heavy Plate (Permanent Hire)
Manufacturer - Buffalo, WY 82834
Created on Feb 25, 2011

Heavy Plate Welders

Requirements
•Air Arching
•Experience welding at least 1 inch plate
•Mechanical ability a plus
Fantastic benefits and great place to work……..
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, just to name a few
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 10-26-2011 02:26
Whoopee. 
You win Richard.
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 10-26-2011 03:04
Wait for it.
Parent - By Chris2626 (***) Date 10-26-2011 03:05
haha I seen this one before, can someone explain what is air arching:lol:
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-26-2011 03:16 Edited 10-26-2011 03:18
Another "know it all" eh???

First of all, where's your proof??? How are you so sure that those advertisements are spam???

You have NOT PROVEN ONE DARN THING except for the very obvious FACT THAT YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A DISGRUNTLED WANNABE CWIWELDER!!!:mad::yell::mad::evil::eek::roll:

GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK!!! If you truly are a CWI, then you should re-read the code of ethics before you start defaming the welding industry
AS A WHOLE THE WAY YOU DO!

Do us all a favor and CRAWL BACK INTO THAT GOD FORSAKEN HOLE FROM WHICH YOU CAME FROM!:yell::yell::yell::mad::mad::mad::evil::evil::evil::eek::roll:

WE DO NOT NEED BONEHEAD REMARKS FROM THE LIKES OF PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF!!!:evil::yell::mad: GET LOST PUNK!!!:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::evil::mad::mad::mad:

AWWWW IT'S TOO BAD THAT YOU DIDN'T QUALIFY - PUKE!!!:twisted::yell::eek::evil::lol::roll::mad:
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 10-26-2011 04:59
There it is.
Parent - By Jaxddad (**) Date 10-26-2011 09:39
Not sure why you are crying so much but thats ok.......I work in one of those Tulsa shops running tig,mig, and fluxcore and, if we keep on the schedual we have been so far this year I will be over 80k for the year. They are hiring anyone and everyone that can pass the test which seems to be the issue for alot of so called welders.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 10-26-2011 10:07
cwiwelder;

For what purpose do you come here? To bash a long standing member, or do you have some form of neurosis we should be aware of?
Maybe the jobs were real, maybe not, but it is plainly evident you only read the post rather than following up on the information given.

There is a word for what you are doing. It's called trolling. You have nothing substantive to add, but have no problem attacking someone who had good intent one way or another.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-26-2011 11:42 Edited 10-26-2011 11:49

>There is a word for what you are doing. It's called trolling. You have nothing substantive to add, but have no problem attacking someone who had good intent one way or another.

I agree. Kinda weird that someone went to all that trouble to go after Lawrence of all the people on this forum to pick a fight with.

Edit* Ah...OK, I see what's going on....32 posts by this guy, take a minute and read them and you can see for yourself what's going on.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-26-2011 12:41
Yeah, don't know about all his posts but these last couple of threads he started and all the posts of his in them only lead one direction.  A very rotten attitude, spirit, and when you put some things he says about what is SUPPOSEDLY his own situation into context it is appearent he is one of those who wants to make very high wages and put nothing into the job to EARN it.  Has possible lost a job and can't find one especially at the money he WANTS to make.  So he lashes out at our entire profession as being one big lie. 

People like this can bring nothing but discouragement to young members who are looking for hope and advice. 

I'm completely disappointed in his lack of respect for the information and efforts of others such as Lawrence.  This whole thread is the lie and joke.  Not the AWS Forum and our profession. 

THANK YOU LAWRENCE FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS, KNOWLEDGE, AND TIME TO HELP THE REST OF US OUT.  IT IS APPRECIATED BY MOST HERE.

I think someone needs to lock down this trolls access.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 10-26-2011 22:44
+1 kudos to Lawrence. I always enjoy your posts. Don't let what this guy says keep you off here. We need people like you.
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 10-27-2011 00:46
By reading his posts it seems he has all the experience he needs. He/she is just greedy and thinks he/she is better than everybody else. If he/she don't like the answer they should quit asking questions and just read. Just might learn something in here
Parent - - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 10-27-2011 00:50
My first year in the oil patch I only got 9 months in and still made 90000and over 100k every year after that. You have to have the drive and not just sit on your ass and expect to fall in your lap
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 10-27-2011 03:40
That sums it up nicely; drive and positive attitude.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / $100,000 Per Year Welding Jobs!