Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Tri-Mark Metalloy Vantage
- - By Travis Collins (**) Date 10-27-2011 14:32
Can anyone give me any feedback on this particular wire? The company I work for is thinking about replacing our existing wire, Corex Metal-Cor 6, with this Tri-Mark wire due to the fact that it is cheeper. I have looked at the data sheet on it and my only concern is the Charpy V-Notch test results. Any thoughts on this wire would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Travis
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 10-27-2011 14:37
What is the concern about CVN's?
Parent - - By Travis Collins (**) Date 10-27-2011 15:41
Well I was just basicly comparing the data sheets from both wires and noticed there was a large difference between the two when it came to the CVN test. The Corex tested at 75 ft-lbs @ -20 F where as the Tri-Mark test at 38 ft-lbs at the same temp. Didnt know if this should be any reason for concern. I know both are well above what is required by AWS D 1.1, but wondered if anyone had any first hand knowledge about this wire. I have no problem with the switch if this wire will be as dependable as what we have now.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 10-27-2011 18:26
38 ft/lbs @ -20 is good. Unless your building in Point Barrow or Ellesmere Island I wouldn't worry about that number.
I have no recent experience with that wire but I have welded with Tri-Mark often and have experience no difficulties that I can remember.
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 10-27-2011 19:00
The best I've used are Lincoln and Tri-Mark.
You can get Hyundai even cheaper, but I would avoid it like the plague.

Tim
Parent - - By TRC (***) Date 10-27-2011 19:30
I've run quite a bit of this electrode and have had no problems with it. I ran hundreds of pounds on the LVOSS project for Army Humvees. Classified weldments for Seawolf subs and about 1800 1.5" schedule 80 butt welds B31.3 for a Mustard Gas Disposal project with no repairs related to the wire.  Ted
Parent - By Travis Collins (**) Date 10-28-2011 12:02
Ok, well I guess we will give it a shot. Thanks for your help

Travis
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Tri-Mark Metalloy Vantage