Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / FABTECH Cold Cracking
- - By 99205 (***) Date 11-20-2011 04:27 Edited 11-22-2011 20:48
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-20-2011 15:16
Doug,

Maybe for the base to be expanded for all of us:
1) What shapes are we talking about- HSS, WF, Angle, Channel, etc?
2) What processes are being employed?
3) What electrodes?
4) What code are you working to?

I did receive some excellent ideas.  Many of which though, I must confess, are from drawing some of my own conclusions from the presentations presented.  It was interesting that all three of the papers on research in progress involved cold cracking and the weldability of various steels.  The application of the conclusions they arrived at, and especially when all three were taken together, were far reaching beyond the closed intent of the topic.

I'll explain more later.  If you could fill us in on some particulars it may make even more sense.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 11-20-2011 21:03
I'll have to come back to this, after I make sure proprietary information isn't being compromised.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-20-2011 22:26
Proprietary information on cracks on trusses??  Okay.  I suppose. 

I'm still getting unpacked, organized, rested up, and prepared for getting back to work.  So it may take a bit to actually respond properly anyway.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 11-20-2011 23:46
I know it sounds strange, but there are some restrictions here about disclosing information concerning equipment and building design.
Parent - By ozniek (***) Date 11-21-2011 12:39
Hi Doug

Also let us know if the trusses were galvanisaed or had some electrolytic cladding applied.

Regards
Niekie
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / FABTECH Cold Cracking