Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / baker hughes
- - By tightline11 (**) Date 12-03-2011 01:20
hello,  has anyone ever worked for baker hughes????   this out fit is around the searcy arkansas area,  they have a hand in the oil field work  and are looking for welders   they have 1 day hiring event tomorow from 9-3,   i heard that they pay pretty good but would have to see it before i believed it,  i  also heard that if u have your owe rig  that u could work for ur self  i would also have to see it to believe,   i'm going hunting in the morning  but might take a ride up there  to check it out,  hopefully tommyjoking   will read this    plz post if anyone heard any bad bout this company 

thanks
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-03-2011 01:31 Edited 12-03-2011 01:34
LOL  

Yeah man.  They are coming to town to take the place of a few who got the boot from BHP from what I gather.  Look for me there as I will be handing cards and insurance papers...hopefully filling out vendor agreements.  Along with every other lead slinging cowboy out there I reckon.  Look for the ugly rig that says King Welding Service on the side. I plan on gettin out there in the morning round 10am.

Good luck with Bambi tommorow.
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 12-03-2011 03:54
Maybe include some fresh Bambi back straps when you hand out your cards.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 12-03-2011 13:52
That ain't gonna be enough those boss men for those big companies love there kick backs
Parent - By tightline11 (**) Date 12-03-2011 09:56
good deal tommy,   if i come up there i might bring my rig,  if two of my buddys from work are going then we will have to take the car, we'll see,  i'll be looking for your rig  if i come,  hope things get to really stepping for u  after u hand all those business cards out   good luck!!!!!!   

i still haven't run acroos that welder from carlisle  so i could ask him about that pipe job we were talking bout
Parent - - By unclematt (***) Date 12-03-2011 11:15 Edited 12-03-2011 14:39
Hello tightline;
I am currently employed by Baker Hughes in the Houston area. This is my second go-around with them. In my opinion, they are a good company to work for. They have good benefits and the pay isn't terrible. They are very big on safety. Right now, we are working all the hours we can handle; at least in the Quality department. Best of luck to you.

Matt
Parent - By tightline11 (**) Date 12-03-2011 18:10
thanks for all the feed back,  im making 23.76 an hour at the moment doing maintenance work 40 minutes from the house, my job at the moment the way the management are running it i don't think it can last much longer,  that is why i am kind of looking,   my brother n law is the one that was telling me about the work in the searcy area,  he builds and installs some kind of valves, and his client was telling him how short handed they were up there for welders, i don't know the name of the company  but he said they had to hire a contract welder  and was paying him 60.00 an  hour, that guy wants me to build that company some kind of a smoker  so they can eat, so that might be the key to get the door open
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 12-03-2011 13:50
Well I worked for B J Services before baker bought them out I worked for them for about 4the yrs straight as a contract welder on the frac and cement yard here,  I can tell you one thing the political were out of control with that copany but that was three years ago but its the reason I left . I seen guys that were employes for twenty years and never moved up that's a long time to work somewhere and never move up especially if your a good employee but the was befote the buy out
Parent - - By Chris2626 (***) Date 12-03-2011 14:52
thats the way it is these day if you're not on your knee's you'll never move up, I sure wish I could find a company to work for that isn't like this, what happen to the stories i heard back in the day of working hard you move up? I guess those days are about gone
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-03-2011 22:06 Edited 12-03-2011 23:12
NUTS!

Did not see you out there Tightline...or maybe I did.  Saw one other rig, black Dodge with no welder on it.  I sat there all freaking day waiting for a buddy to finish his third interview...pretty sure he locked it up with them so not a total loss.  They did not seem real interested in contract welders.  They told me if we need any more supervisors we will give you a shout.  Just to let you guys know that are looking for single hand work, they are going to need (their estimate) about 25-30!!?!?! more welders after they get going on plans for next year.  They will pay 18.00 on up, from what I gather median pay will be 21-23hr to start...not bad for this part of the country and shop work.  Plus they are interested for many different locations.

Hope that can help someone out.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 12-05-2011 12:39
That is very true I've self employees for 12 years now and it gets worse every year
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / baker hughes