Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / oil stain
- - By 1mancrew (**) Date 12-06-2011 01:15
Does anyone know how to get an oil stain out of asphalt? The truck I'm using is leaking pretty bad so I got a good stain out there. Any heelp would be greatley appreciated.

Thanx,
Glenn
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 12-06-2011 01:20
Dynamite.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-06-2011 01:42
If you dont like the Dynamite Idea, you might try a Pick and Shovel followed by a Big Ole Patch.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-06-2011 14:08
If you don't like the dynamite, Pick and Shovel followed by a Big Ole Patch ideas you can always park on the grass and walk in thru the back door.

On a serious note though, maybe a heavy brush, simple green, hot water? Pressure washer? Don't think you'll do any good though. My Cummins marks it's territory also, I just forget about it, park in different locations everyday this way I have an equal stained look.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-06-2011 15:00
the oil is probably good for your asphalt, keeps it from fading.   

Seriously though if it is like a bad slick spot, a shop broom, laundry detergent and some hot water will keep you from tracking it in the house.
Parent - - By 1mancrew (**) Date 12-06-2011 15:23
Thanx guys.  I'll probably try the simple green or laundry detergent trick. I've got to try something to keep the neighbors from getting t-ed off at me! If that doesn't work I may try the dynamite!

Thanks again,
Glenn
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-06-2011 15:46
absorbant clay Kitty litter or oil-dri...apply generously and then take your boots and grind it into the surface of the pavement. Let it sit, sweep and repeat as necessary. We do that here at work when the mill trucks leak oil on our parkinglot.
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 12-06-2011 16:53
There are high pressure portable pumps that launch a high pressure, high velocity water jet that cleans everything that isn't physically stuck to the ground. The pump is light enough to be carried by hand by one person. A popular, widely used brand in Brazil is Karcher, made in Germany.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / oil stain