Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Too Much Government in California?
- - By Blaster (***) Date 01-18-2012 00:15
Just saw this on Lincoln's site:  http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/company/legal/pages/ca-supply-chains-act.aspx
Parent - - By Dualie (***) Date 01-18-2012 05:03
to answer you question YES!  FAR TO MUCH.   i deal with it on a daily damn basis.    the California Air Resources Board is something to be feared.    If you think its not going to spread to you area, just wait and see.   You will feel the pain.
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 01-18-2012 06:15
I agree it can get out of hand, I lived in southern california. Have you seen the air quality there? It's terrible while the rules do seem overburdening at times I would rather  that than what China has.

Here's a nice picture of beijing in the day http://www.oneonta.edu/faculty/allenth/EnvironmentalIssuesTracyAllen/ChinaAirPollutionTracyAllen.JPG  It's funny how they can build things cheaper when there's no environmental laws, but would you want to live in that?
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 01-19-2012 02:17
I think there is just too much, California.
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 01-19-2012 05:49
Do business in any of the other 49 states, and then do business in CA. It's a ugly world of difference. You really need to be a substance abuser to spend time on the phone dealing with the CA beaurocracy. If not before, then you will be after. If you don't believe me just set up a workmans comp policy there, you'll be a believer ; )
Costs to do biz in CA is waaaaaay higher than anywhere else in the U.S. It's almost not worth it. That why a lot of small business' have fled.
Plus they'll throw you in jail for having a few firearms in the truck. And they make you wear a helmet on a mc. I won't even start on caltrans or calosha.

JTMcC
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Too Much Government in California?