Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Good Eats!
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-21-2012 23:59
I'm on a job in Mt. Juliet, TN. About 20-30 minutes outside of Nashville on I-40 heading east. We hit a place on Friday called the Big Bad Wolf BBQ. We checked out everything they brought out to other tables and they had some big sandwiches, chicken and whatever else.

I had a carved brisket sandwich. Now, a little back story on me. I like to smother my bbg sandwiches in sauce but I took a bite of this brisket and son!! No sauce required! The smoke flavor, tenderness.....making my mouth water talking about it! It's a great little diner, suspect it's something you would see on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" with Guy. If any of ya'll are headed out to NC or back out west and your near exit 226 in Tennessee you need to hit this place up. The joint was full at 11:30 and people were in and out the whole hour we were there. Thinking I'll be hitting it for dinner once or twice next week while I'm staying up there!

If your going west on I-40 and come up on exit 226 get off and turn right, it's a few hundred feet down on the right near a tattoo shop(another place I might check out next week). Going east on I-40, get off exit 226, go under bridge and loop around. Cross over and it's a few hundred feet down on the right.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-22-2012 00:31
That steak place you showed me up the road from your place was pretty good too!  Plus they had a decent selection of brew to wash it down with.  There is a place in the more run down part of Little Rock called Simms BBQ, been there for 50 or more years, it is the real deal.  I dunno but I like those real old looking dairy bars or simple restaurants...usually they got the best eats in town.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-22-2012 00:34
You get enough work and I'll come out and we'll hit up that Simms bbq one time!
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 01-22-2012 00:35
Shawn my dad gets down there from time to time. He knows places like that all over this great country. I just called him and asked if he had ever been there. He said no but ask him if there is semi parking!!!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-22-2012 02:43
I'll check this week, seemed like there was a gas station, tattoo place and several other places that shared a very large parking lot. Maybe I'll snap a picture my next time over!
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 01-22-2012 03:54
Sounds good.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Good Eats!