Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / IWE engineer for AWS issued diploma
- - By burik71 Date 12-17-2002 18:49
Dear All,

I have 7 years experience in manufacturing of heavy duty steel structures (CAT hexcavator buckets, frames, and more) and I have got IWE diploma. Now we have to use in production the AWS D1.1 standard.
Could you please suggest me a suitable certification and training issued by AWS.

Regards

G. Burik
Hungary
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 12-17-2002 21:04
I would suggest that you are already qualified by bases of your experience and IWE diploma, to perform inspections under AWS D1.1 criteria. In the latest edition of AWS D1.1 (2002), Paragraph 6.1.4.1(3) states: "An Engineer or technician who, by training or experience, or both, in metals fabrication, inspection and testing, is competent to perform inspection of the work."

Of course, as I said above, this only addresses the inspection aspect of the work. In your posting you didn't really say what certification adn/or training you were in search of. I would not be one to stear you away from seeking AWS Certified Welding Inspector qualification as it is easily one of the most recognizable certifications in the world.

Hope this helps, I'm sure others will also have their own perspective on your inquiry.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / IWE engineer for AWS issued diploma