Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pay Rate
- - By BooTLeG (*) Date 01-27-2012 00:09
Right now I am working at a job where I have to build all the pumping skids that involves pipe and structural welding and do all the random weld jobs in the field. I also do the electrical work that goes into the pump skid as well as doing the maintenance on skids as well such as changing filters and replacing hose reel motors and truck maintenance...what do yall think a position like that should pay cause I feel I am being underpaid and want to find a real welding job if its worth it.
Parent - By Dualie (***) Date 01-27-2012 23:46
depends on where your located.   $20 an hour in wyoming would be huge compared to $20 an hour in california
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-28-2012 11:42
I don't really understand your question.

If you don't like your job and want another one; why not just go out there and get another job.?

Pretty much every job advertisement publishes the rate of pay they offer..  So go find a job with a pay rate will make you happy, and apply for the job.

When a person is really makeing a statement but they manipulate the words to sound like a question, the practice is called a "squeech".

Sounds to me like your venting because you feel like your worth more than your being paid....  

Go get that better job!  Sounds like you have good skillz.

You need nobody's permission.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-28-2012 17:16
"if it's worth it" is something only you would know.......The more skills/versatile you are in general the more value you potentially have.  Some employers desire, use and reward those abilities, some don't. I never have had an issue going to my employer and asking for a raise, go explain and sell what you are doing for them and see what happens.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-28-2012 22:47
I think you have something there Lawrence.
Parent - By mooseye (**) Date 02-01-2012 01:20
It just sounds to me like you are under-appricated. Sounds like a jack and they are gettting fewer and farther between. I am one and proud of it. I am not "an expert" at anything but good at most all I do. I don't like electricity that isn't suppose to make sparks, but I will do most anything else, and do it correctly or else ask someone who knows how to.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pay Rate