Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Welding rig for sale
- - By william seering (*) Date 02-07-2012 15:34
Hi my name is ginger seering my husband william seering was a pipe liner worked for steamfitters pipeliner and I b e w he recently passed away from a motorcycle accident I have a 2004 chevy silverado 2500 hd perfect condition the truck is fully loaded with everything for welding the welder is a miller pipe pro 304 I have the reels on it everything you could need for welding is on the truck plus many extras in the garage that will go with the truck I live in wisconsin I am asking 45,000 dollars for the whole setupmy # is 9202541747gseering@aol please I am in sperate need of selling this rig when my husband died unexpectedly he left me and a terrible bind I need to sell this a rig and all te welding equipment that goes along with welding if anyone is interested my number is 9202541747 you can contact my phone number for more info or for pics because I can't figure out how to post the pictures
Attachment: Truck3.jpg (524k)
Attachment: Truck2.jpg (500k)
Parent - By thewelder (***) Date 02-07-2012 19:30
here are resize pix's for every one to see it better.
Parent - - By RioCampo (***) Date 02-08-2012 02:32
I would highly suggest a detailed list of equipment. Ie. types of torches, bevel machines, amount of lead, and etc. mileage of truck. Hours on welding machine.
It might be worth a call to an old friend to help you make a list and identify it as well as place values on it.
Parent - - By william seering (*) Date 02-14-2012 17:25
The reason why I havent listed everything is because my deceased husband had everything there is just too much to list the truck is fully loaded and ready to go plus I have much more in the garage that will go with the truck
Parent - - By RioCampo (***) Date 02-15-2012 00:43
I understand that, but my point is that you are trying to sell to a specific market that is very well in tune with market prices. $45,000 is a lot of money for a 3/4 ton pickup without a welding bed. I realize that you say there is more equipment in the garage. With that being said pictures will sell your equipment much better.
I am just trying to point out that it will help you move it. Most welders are going to see $15-18,000 maximum value in the pictures and not give your ad a second glance.
I would not worry about listing minor items like soapstone, levels, or torch tips. If you give preference to big ticket items like bevel machines, barrel torches, tig setup, regular torches, amount of welding lead, and etc. There are many welders that are looking for specific items that would probably help you maximize your return on the items you are trying to sell.
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 02-15-2012 00:56
Everybody else has said it already, but if anybody deserves to get a fair price it's a woman in your circumstances.

And everybody has said this too, but if you want to get fair market value you have to list the tools. There are a ton of welding rigs for sale right now. Just saying "it has everything plus some more" means you'll get much less than it's worth. Period. It's your families money so take your pick.

Find a trusted friend or relative (and they don't have to be a welder but it's a little easier if they are), let them do the research (it's easy on the interweb), and either part it out for maximum sale price or at the minimum list every stinking tool.
Otherwise you'll have to settle for a LOT less money.

You've got several thousand dollars in the ballance. Good luck to you.

J
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Welding rig for sale