Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / 5 Dollar gasoline
- - By CLH1978 (**) Date 02-20-2012 17:07
By memorial day. Crap!!!!!!!
Parent - - By Pickupman (***) Date 02-21-2012 00:07
Speculators:yell:. I understand wanting to make some money, but at the expense of, and to the detriment of everyone else? I guess I could understand cutting a fat hog, but this hog is starving.
Parent - - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 02-21-2012 17:46
No, it's really not.  people will pay.  I will.  You will.  It matters not a whit to them.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 02-21-2012 20:29
It's the GOLDEN RULE.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-21-2012 22:36
I heard on the news the other day a reporter quoted an analyst saying "pricing oil is like witchcraft". I have to disagree, I'd say it has to do more with farming, particulary cattle farming and bulls......

If you look at the first four letters of analyst you'll see that it is a word that can be replaced with another seven letter word, also related to Bulls...t.

All and all seems like a good place for a waste treatment plant cause everytime they start with this gas rising b.s I can smell it all the way up here.

Also, I've heard this reason, "due to the unstable conditions in the middle east". I've posted this elsewhere but here is my take on that and my question. When has the middle east been stable?? 10 years ago? Nope, sorry. 20 years ago? Nope again. How about 30 years or 40 years ago? Sorry, wrong again. 1000 or 2000 years ago?? Hahaha! After all of this time using gasoline and petroleum products and the evidence that a "stable" middle east is as likely as me shooting a 10 pound gold bar out of my bum, maybe we would have come up with an alternative. But, then our politicians and such could not use the age old excuse, "due to conditions in the middle east" blah, blah blah...and gracefully bend us all over at the pump. Everytime I hear it I no longer hear the actually words, all I hear is bulls..t, bulls..t. Kinda like Charlie Browns teacher.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-22-2012 05:06
Funny    From what I gather from the few "oilfield" hands I have talked too....they all hope the price goes threw the roof...somehow it equates to them making gobs more money.  I understand the price per barrel related to whether or not a company would pump oil off my families land holdings.  But that seems like it will create more jobs maybe....I am too stupid apparently to understand how it will make these "oilfield" hands make double what they are drawing per hour?!?   Oil speculation really pisses me off because it is tied to the last spike when Bush was in office...Merrill Lynch had more money tied up in oil futures then Exxon at one time (a ridiculous amount).   The price we all were paying was completely inflated by shear speculation on the market....it had zip to do with actual supply and demand.   

Iraq produces a significant amount of oil.....we spent over ten years there....where is the cheap gas>>>>conspiracy theorists insert your revised reply here.
Parent - By Dualie (***) Date 02-22-2012 06:00
I have fears this is going to drop the country deeper and harder into recession than we have been so far.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-23-2012 22:36 Edited 02-23-2012 22:43
I talked to a guy the other morning here at the hotel at breakfast and he too was talking about something back when Georgey was in office. I'm not sure about the oil field hand thing but have talked to a few guys I know around it and have heard some stuff that I can't believe and don't know how they can sleep at night basically stealing. Guess it don't matter to some and you and I end up paying for it at the pump. Burns my backside.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 02-24-2012 00:00
I hope it hits $10 a gallon. It means More Drilling and More Broken Rigs ! As far as Doubling the Hourly Rate goes ? It will go up. I doubt it will double.
Parent - - By 357max (***) Date 02-24-2012 03:37
news has it that donald trump is predicting $7.00 by years end.
Parent - By JLWelding (***) Date 02-25-2012 00:32
Trump needs to stick to TV shows :lol:
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / 5 Dollar gasoline