Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / matting boards
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-09-2012 23:45
stinkin 5ft cellars, welding wellheads on, wet cement 8 inches deep cause the company man is an idiot, and you gotta lay in it.

Better build you some matting boards to throw in the hole.....:wink:
Attachment: hds1.bmp (225k)
Attachment: hds2.bmp (225k)
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 03-10-2012 00:11
Hello Sourdough, can't say that that looks like fun, although in an evil sort of way we always boast of how we enjoy it and at the same time ***** about it. Have a good one. Regards, Allan
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-10-2012 00:38
You too. Those wellheads keep me alive, so I dont complain too much....
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-10-2012 02:25 Edited 03-10-2012 02:28
I ain't never....ok I have yet to set my first head so I will keep that one in mind.  Funny that looks like sunshine raining down on you....I heard most end up getting set in the wee hours of the morning by time they are ready.   I also heard there is a lot of waiting on the clock before you actually get in there in start welding the flange.   I will probably need advice on preheat and making up my test tree as well.  I am a greenie on this one but it looks to me like just setting a flange and pressure test after....but it pays better.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-10-2012 04:53 Edited 03-10-2012 05:02
Well, after years of putting them on under a gozillion tons of iron, and brainless roughnecks making it as stupid and sloppy as it could be.......I convinced them how cost effective and time savvy it is to set all those wellheads on before the rig gets on location. This pad was 16 right in a pretty lil row.......:wink:

Pre heat is around 400, and you need to be on the ball with your weed burner if the wind picks up.......it sucks burning up all your propane prematurely.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / matting boards