Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / building myself a porch
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-20-2012 04:19
Taking suggestions for the inspiration, (but mostly the ambition), to build a stand out porch for my humble abode....................?

Got a single wide trailer, and a large imagination, and am looking at drill pipe and 2x4 hog panels for a motley, and equally stylish deck that I can roll my Harley onto.............I also have a bbq built to install on it, as well as a flag pole, and lanterns.

I am also going to have a hot tub, and running lights on it.

Now keep in mind, I could shampoo a buffalo at 20 yards, and this is a bachelor pad with specific activities taking place currently, and most certainly in the future!

Fire away..........:cool:
Attachment: humper.bmp (900k)
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 03-21-2012 02:36
Screened in porch leads to whatever your plans are after. Nothing like the sound of a screen door slamming behind you to remind you of who you are, and the part of you that cant change. The slamming of a screen door can take me back to single digit age. Get fancy after that.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-21-2012 06:07
Rick, you make more sense to me than a cowgirls' clothes layin on the floor next to my bed..............very nice indeed. You and I would be a good cop duo or something........:lol:
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 03-22-2012 03:22
Yes sir, truth is truth. And straight up laughing like hell about that cop duo thing!!!
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 03-22-2012 03:29
I should get back to the house within two weeks. I will shoot you some pictures of my friends setup. Sweet place...
Parent - By Dualie (***) Date 03-24-2012 03:52
Don't forget to put room for a fridge next to the built in BBQ.  don't want to be running back into the house every 5 min for a beverage,  might as well put a sink out there too.

also for building a roof over the deck i would make it 2 feet taller than the single wide and extend several feet over the top.  That way when smoking some meat on the deck the smoke rolls over the top of the house instead if right into it, also has a nice side effect of forcing a nice convection current through the area on hot summer days and shielding the house from direct sunlight.

Its amazing what the roof over the trailer will do, a good friend was living in a nicer Travel trailer while they were building a house in north texas.   Well short story is the thing would heat up to over 85 deg on super hot days with the A/C blowing HARD all day long.   after the second week they turned their attention to building a shed over the trailer to keep the direct sun off it during the day.    It was just a simple roof with a 4/12 pitch built like a pole barn 22' wide and 16' tall on the tall side  just big enough to park the two cars in from either end and the tailer under it with on side half sheeted 8' down.    Made a 25 deg difference in interior temps in the trailer on the super hot days.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / building myself a porch