Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Big move
- - By weldwade (***) Date 03-29-2012 01:24
Well it is official ... I am moving to northern Nevada, leaving in the morning. Going to work for Barrick Gold at the Cortez property. I am not looking forward to moving all my stuff at all and it will take some time to get everything up there. Nice part is I will be able to use my dads semi to move everything with. I have way too much stuff!!! I have sold a few things off and hoping to sell a few others. I found a really nice place on 8 acres with a 60'x80' shop and a nice home with a huge garage. I will probably have to wait for the fuel prices to come down before moving all my shop equipment. Excited to start something new but also sad to leave all the family behind. But that's life...
Parent - - By RioCampo (***) Date 03-29-2012 02:11
Good luck with new job.
My brother and sister in law live in spring creek near Elko.
Parent - - By Pickupman (***) Date 03-29-2012 02:52
Congrats Wade. Sounds like my kind of home place. Hope all goes well.
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 03-29-2012 04:12
Hope it all goes your way, Wade!!
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 03-31-2012 02:27
Thanks Rick! What we talked about late last year is still my backup plan if this turns out bad.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-29-2012 03:53
Congrats Wade. 

Hope it all works out.  What region of N NV is that in.  We go through Austin, Battle Mountain area all the time when going to OR to see my folks.

Be safe. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 03-30-2012 18:28
Brent,
Just made the same drive! Yes I will be in Battle Mountain. You are always welcome to visit!
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 03-29-2012 04:05
Congratulations
That area would be my preferred second choice of homesteads. Lots of wide open spaces and great rock hounding. It don't look like much from the interstate, but you get off into the mountains, and it is another world.
Wish you the best of luck (even if you don't gamble) in your new job and locale.
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 03-31-2012 02:22
Going to check out a place not far from this little rv park tomorrow. Im going to bring my gold pan!
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-29-2012 04:31
You just never know how much stuff you have, until you gotta haul it all somewhere...................:wink:
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 03-29-2012 05:40
You just never know how much stuff you have, until you gotta (UNPACK IT, AFTER YOU'VE HAD TO) haul it all somewhere...................
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-29-2012 06:10
:lol:
Parent - By Dualie (***) Date 03-29-2012 06:56
or when you load it up in the truck and you get busted for being 5,543 overweight on your drives :eek:
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 03-31-2012 02:25
My way of thinking is I will deal with it when the time comes... It will take several trips anyway so I will worry about what goes and in what order then. Hopefully I can sell a few more things by then!
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-31-2012 13:45
Get rid of the piano....
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 04-01-2012 03:54
When My sister was newly married, We moved Her piano around every year when the lease was up and they moved. After several years of this crap, She loaned out the piano, and We have not had to move it since.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 04-01-2012 13:11
I used to move the wife's piano with a boom truck every time we moved, (once a year), and I started rigging it pretty sloppily toward the last few moves......
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 03-29-2012 11:59
Wade,
  Good luck with the new gig! I hope it all works out for you.

jrw159
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 03-29-2012 17:33
Congrats on your new jouney, Wade!

QCRobert
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-29-2012 23:26
Good luck with the new gig man, sounds like your moving into a cool space to live.  I am a little jealous already looking at my limited room and legally permitted ability living in the city limits.
- - By grizzzly (**) Date 03-30-2012 01:07
best of luck and have fun
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 03-30-2012 18:25
Thanks everyone. I made it to Crescent Valley last night. Going to get my 5th wheel all set up and leveled this afternoon. Going to stay in a little rv park that is about 5 min from the mine until I get into my new house. I am sitting in the DMV in Elko right now waiting to get plates for my truck... I would rather pull my hair out than wait here for hours! Going to look at the new house next weekend and get the ball rolling on it. It is in Battle Mountain so if any of you fellers are around the area give me a yell.
Parent - - By RioCampo (***) Date 03-31-2012 01:44
What do they roll you for on plates? My brother in law is always complaining about what it costs to register a vehicle there.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 03-31-2012 02:19
Waited there for almost two hours only to find out that you have to have Nevada insurance to get plates here. Then I found out I have to have a physical address not a po box, and they can't use this little rv park in order to get Nevada insurance... So I got on Service Arizona and renewed my Az plates for another year. I still have my property and shop there so if there is ever an issue with the po-po I have every legal right to keep those plates and get my moneys worth. Fun to waste half of my day and have a conversation with the DMV lady from hell... It was not all a loss though, having dinner tonight with the nice lady I sat by in the DMV waiting area ;)
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 03-31-2012 13:48
Remember when you get pulled over to tell the cop you have only been in town a couple days.
Parent - - By nevadanick (**) Date 03-31-2012 14:27 Edited 03-31-2012 20:12
A few guys I work with used to work for barrack as mechanics, they said the pay and benefits were awsome and they worked 7-14's on then 7days off, or something like that.  They quit because they said the mines are so "safety paranoid" that all their mechanics get to do is pm's, if anything serious needs repaired they hire an outside co., usually cashman equipment, where Im employed now.  Anyways good luck !
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 03-31-2012 17:09
Safety paranoid is almost an understatement! No common sence is used with some of the decisions made around making something safe or safer. MSHA is the Federal Government and we all know how well they do with power and money. I am perfectly content following the rules no matter how retarded they seem. It all pays the same!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Big move