Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Stainless casting to fine grain steel weld
- - By Barbaros (*) Date 04-09-2012 11:43
Hi people,

I need 3 welding procedures or at least welding procedure ideas (consumable, preheat, pwht etc.) for following joints;

1.4848 (GX40CrNiSi25-20) to P355NH
1.4855 (GX40CrNiSiNb24-24) to P355NH
2.4879 (G-NiCr28W) to P355NH

Thank you in advance.
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 04-09-2012 19:53
To whom shall I send the invoice?
Parent - - By Barbaros (*) Date 04-10-2012 05:08
We generally do not invoice favours.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-10-2012 07:43
*chirp*

**chirp**

***chirp***
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-10-2012 15:47
http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/forum_search.pl?uid=100038776;mode=uid

What favors have you done for anybody?

You sure expect alot.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-10-2012 19:18
Well,

I believe the most appropriate response is that 'you get what you pay for'.  You don't pay, you don't get.

But, you want some procedure suggestions....
Surf the internet or go to a consultant.   Oh, but that will require paying for something. 
You could always buy the codes that apply and follow the directions and examples and then you can develop all the WPS's you will ever need without paying anyone else to do your work for you.  Oh yeah, those books cost money.  The classes on WPS's offered through various organizations cost money. 

Everything costs money.  We paid the money.  And now you want our help for free.  And as Lawrence pointed out, what have you provided?  What are you willing to offer up in exchange? 

I get paid in advance.  For WPS's, welder certs, any kind of consultation (unless it is a regular customer or prearranged).  Ever try to get paid by a welder wanting certs who already knows he failed?  Ever try to get paid for service after someone has expressed the DEMAND for free assistance?  Not a question, not a please, not a plea for our expertise.  Just a statement of fact that you "need" something and the expectation that we provide it with no charge. 

WOW!!  Some people have a lot of gall.

Good luck with that one.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 04-10-2012 16:02
fbrieden

You send the invoice to    Uh OH ... (Hidden)!
Parent - By fbrieden (***) Date 04-10-2012 16:27
Astute colleagues, did I even see the word "please" in his posting?
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 04-10-2012 15:33
Barbaros,
   Con dinero el chango biale.

Sorry but if you want to see that monkey dance it is going to cost you.

jrw159
- By 803056 (*****) Date 04-10-2012 14:53
When someone posts a question that can be answered in a couple of sentences or paragraphs, there are many responses. However, when someone asks that we provide them with an entire WPS or do something the is more in-line with the services provided by a paid consultant, it pushes the boundary of what is usually requested, i.e., advice, suggestions, or opinions on a particular subject.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that what you are asking us to provide you with is stepping over the line and you are now asking for free consulting services. I don't believe there are too many of us that are willing to go that far.

It would appear you are asking us to do your work for you. That's isn't why most of us are willing to participate. We enjoy helping people, but we aren't your private consultants. There are consultants that get paid for the services you are requesting.

Best regards - Al
- By Barbaros (*) Date 04-11-2012 05:26
I do not understand why you all reacting this way. I just asked for ideas. Who is willing to give information, gives. To my mind, rest does not have to speak. Complaining for a message does not include "please" is also no sense here.

When I got an appropriate approach for welding this materials, I will publish here anyway. "For free"
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Stainless casting to fine grain steel weld