Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / tig welder
- - By jmcq Date 01-06-2003 03:41
I located a used Miller tig/stic unit that appears to be complete with water cooler, reg, etc. It does not have a serial or model number that I can find. It appears to be in reasonably in good shape. The foot control has RFC-23A stamped on it. The control panel has a range of 140-310 amp in the AC mode. There is a dial/knob indicating 0-100 (maybe % of range?). It says " Miller DialArc HF" on the control panel. It definatley is not a new synchro wave, but is this new enough to get parts for? If so I'm goning to jump on it. Thanks james
Parent - - By dee (***) Date 01-06-2003 03:51
James,
Has nobody from Miller been able to give advice on this machine? The AWS homepage usually links there to millerwelds.com (I think)
Hope the deal is "legit"

Regards,
d
Parent - - By DGXL (***) Date 01-06-2003 05:47
I owned one of those, my first real welder. Mine had capacitors (power factor correction) to reduce the primary power requirements and also a reduced output from the one you mentioned. It still managed to fry incoming power lines as I noted in another post. They require lot's of line power compared to that of todays technology (e.g.: inverters). You'll need serious line power to run it at the rated output. Close to 100 amps if I remember.

If it is in good shape and the $ is right, I'm sure you can still get parts for them. Lot's of people still own them, that's good marketing right there.
Parent - By jmcq Date 01-07-2003 01:34
I talked to Miller and they said they had most parts. I may opt for a new unit as they have a good sale on now. The seller of this did not have it running, (or a hookup) so that was a big question. Thanks for all the replies.
james
Parent - By ScottV (**) Date 01-06-2003 05:55
What parts those never break.This is coming from a die hard inverter owner.I alway sweat a little when I turn my ac/dc 300 amp inverter on!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / tig welder