Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / need a level 111 to review and stamp SNT-TC-1A
- - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-02-2012 03:10
ADDING NDE TESTING TO COMPANYS SERVICES.  NEED REVIEW AND GUIIDANCE TO CONFORM TO SNT-TC-1A REQUIREMENTS
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-02-2012 12:31
Hello Joe;

Visit this site: http://www.asnt.org/certification/cert/typesearch.cfm?State=CA&Program=A3&srchrnm=submit&Country=

It lists all the ASNT ACCP Professional NDT Level IIIs in California. It also lists the town or city where they reside. Find a couple in your area and contact them to see if they would be interested in working with you.

Getting a good Level III is like finding a good dentist or doctor. You don't look in the newspaper to see who has a sale going on. You need to build a relationship with them so they know what you are doing and they understand what your needs and product line are. It isn't a one shoe fits all situation. You may even go through a couple of Level IIIs before you find one that suits you feel comfortable with and suits your needs.

Shopping for a good price is money wasted. You need someone that can work with you to develop a good NDT process. Someone that is local to your area will be much more useful to you than someone like me that is three time zones removed and not in a position to sit down with you to actually discuss your circumstances, product line, code requirements, customer expectations, etc.

Now, why am I suggesting searching out an ACCP Level III? Simple, because the ACCP Professional NDT Level III  has passed a third party examination demonstrating a certain level of proficiency and they had to write a NDT procedure as part of the examination. Like the CWI or the SCWI, the ACCP Level III has to subscribe to a Code of Ethics and there is third party involvement. Like the QC1 program operated by AWS, the ACCP operated by ASNT is recognized world wide. When I took my Level III examinations, more than a third of those sitting for the examination were from other countries. That tells me it is a recognized program and it has value.
Parent - - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-02-2012 15:24
In reading some previuous posts on this subject it appears to me that
SNT-TC-1A is very contractor friendly and basically its like a no holds
barred match. I  definitely want a level 111 that will work for me and develope
a program that suits the needs of my applications, im, going to go a section
meeting  and talk with a  couple more level 111, I have one quote for 600,00
and one for 4500 to 5,000. i've already learned theres a huge difference in the
skill levels of CWI. thankm you for your imput
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 05-02-2012 17:21
Joe,
It costs our company approx $5000 for a Level III to generate:
Written Practice
PT Procedure
MT Procedure

and a two week seminar on PT & MT and certification testing (following Sats) to certify me as SNT-TC-1A Level II PT & MT.

Go website search for NDE siminars that incl. certification.  I took mine with www.qnpi.com in Portland, Oregon and I'm sure there there are many such NDE companys in Kalifornicate.

If you want more info just PM me, be glad to help,
Robert
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / need a level 111 to review and stamp SNT-TC-1A