Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / QA Procedures
- - By sriley77 (*) Date 05-14-2012 15:50
I was wondering if anyone out there would have a Quality Procedure written that covers in house weld qualifying/certifying. I have to write one up and want to make sure I can get the wording correct. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Parent - - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 05-14-2012 17:03
Our in-house welding spec is very non-specific, because we deal with OEM build-to-print, as well as our own designs, and I have to comply with different specifications and codes.  I would think that, if you have done some certifying and qualifying in the past, then simply write down the procedure that you use.  As far as wording goes, well, it's always best to be very specific as to what happens when, and who is responsible for it, and if it requires a record, make sure that the record is specified as well.  For example, it does absolutely no good to write a QP that states "Fill out the WPQTR."  You'll have to break it down to who fills out which parts and when.  And if you don't have a standard form for the QTR, you would be best off making one! I hope this helps some.  Good luck!
Parent - By sriley77 (*) Date 05-14-2012 17:12
Yes it does, thank you
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 05-14-2012 18:14
Well I'm feeling generous today.

PM me with an address and if you'll pay USPS I'll send you a 300 pg manual I have developed for several companies since 1989.

The Quality Control Program covers welding procedure qualification, welder performance qualification, currency logs, etc.. to the following codes & standards:
AWS D1.1
ASME Sec V, NDE
ASME Sec IX
ANSI B31.1 Power Piping
ANSI B31.3 Chem Plant & Petroleum Refining Piping
ANSI B31.9 Bldg Service Piping
NBIC

Included in the scope are attachments A, B, C Visual Inspection Criteria to each code or standard, techniques for welding carbon steel and stainless steel with sample procedures and general requirements stating the responsibilities of the QA/QC Representative.

QCRobert
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-14-2012 18:56
Wow Robert,

What an offer.  Better be careful, you'll get flooded with additional requests.  :lol:  :eek:

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 05-14-2012 18:59
Yeah, but the generous feeling is fleeting.

QCRobert
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 05-15-2012 14:34
It's basically just a rehash of Sec IX that also shows the differences betw the applicable codes & standards and is set in the form of a QC Manual.

Unlike an R-Stamp QC Manual it does not address purchasing, receiving, matl control, etc..

QCRobert
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 05-26-2012 17:19 Edited 05-26-2012 22:59
Look for it snail mail by Thursday at the latest, cost ya a big $8.83....:eek:

QCRobert
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 06-16-2012 23:23
sriley77,
So did it help you as far as a guideline?

QCRobert
Parent - By sriley77 (*) Date 06-18-2012 17:43
Yes it has helped. There's a lot of good information in this. Thanks again
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / QA Procedures