Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / rolled shnz shdell have themapes
- - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-17-2012 23:40
[img] [/img]  im currently doing za d
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 05-18-2012 02:28
Huh?
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 06-01-2012 23:29
His girlfriends' name is obviously Sadie.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-18-2012 02:58
Joe????  :confused:

Everything ok?

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-19-2012 11:02
Has Joe raided the liquor cabinet again???
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 05-20-2012 03:57
I can speak fluent drunkenese so I will translate........"glug glug glug cough glug glug glug glug"

I have devised and fabricated some templates for pipe saddles on a nuclear facility (near you).  We are now in full production of the saddles after earthquake testing and will be shipping them out for installation at every facility worldwide to meet demand for earthquake proofing after the incident in Japan.    

Simple ........could you guys not read that??  Sheesh.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 05-20-2012 04:33
That is how they "Speak in Toungs" at the local tap room.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-20-2012 11:19
LOL!! :lol:
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 05-20-2012 05:46
your currently doing who?
Parent - - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-28-2012 01:21
no I wasn't jackedup computor crashed while i was writing post. prior to rolling mild steel1/2 sections
3/8 thick customer has asked for  verification of e to e  measreurment,.  sapparently several 1/2 shell sect
at job site were found to be 1/4 " short. these were parts weret triple checked prior to rolling . these parts were
rolleed to same radius so why would they come up different dimensions iM   thinking that the roll operator applied
more pressure during  rolling  that woiuld make the material compress more and beco0me thinner  and longer.
any other  sugbgestions.  customer wants fabricator to roll long then  re cut to desired dimnension  twice the work
rolling was not covered any traing  . thanks  Joe
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 05-28-2012 01:55
I don't think more pressure on you roll will make it shorter. When the fabricator figured his cut length did he figure the length along the inside of the radius or over the outside because the outside will be longer because the thickness of the plate will add to the radius of the roll.
Parent - - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-28-2012 18:58
the problem is that after rolling the flat plate plate pieces which were  all cut too the same length
do not have the same overall dimension after rolling. there are 4 shells that make up a unit., these
shells go around an existing concrfete column . 2 bottom pieces then 2   top pieces  stacked on top
the shells need to be the exact same size so the weld seams will align vertically. it wouldnt matter if
the outside dia changes just a little bit as  their is 1 1/2 space between existing concrete and new steel
for grout.  The field inspector is not allowing any deviation on the root openings. the root opening  can be
1/4" to 3/4" . If the bottom shells are fit with a 3/8 opening  he wants the top shells to have the same opening
when one shell is shorter after rolling getting this to align perfectly is impossible. They are currently field
trimming the shell sections to transition so the root opeming is the same at the point of initial contact.
no one casn figure out why length is changing during the rolling operation  any ideas ?
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 05-29-2012 03:24
If they are shearing prior to rolling, are they checking to make sure they shear square? I've had guys measure end to end and not be square corner to corner and the roll seam will be off. We generally CNC cut the entire sheet if possible so all is straight and square. Now that you have me thinking about it, I recall a job on some vessels we built where my material came in from two different mills. Both were A36 however one batch from one mill rolled correct according to my calculations but the batch from the other mill every roll was slightly different. I think something was off with the material and it reacted different .
Parent - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-29-2012 05:40 Edited 05-29-2012 05:44
im just trying to help solv e a prob lem. i did not check for square  but i did measure from
left side middle right side.thanks for the imput  Joe
Parent - - By Oneatatime (**) Date 05-31-2012 02:32
thickness of plate.
Parent - - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-31-2012 03:56
3/8 A36 made in america bout time so meone demands domestic
Parent - - By Oneatatime (**) Date 05-31-2012 04:18
I am sayin, you would be amazed at what .003"< > can do to rolled sheets over a distance.
Parent - By joe pirie (***) Date 05-31-2012 22:40
agreed i straight beamed  differen plates to see if they were the sane OH M Y GOD
im estatic they get them anywhere near the same  dimensions  lmao
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / rolled shnz shdell have themapes