Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Coming to North Dakota
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 06-29-2012 04:13
Who needs rod, cause I'm bringing a couple pallets......:smile:
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-29-2012 04:57
Go tear it up!
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 06-30-2012 01:18
You are going to need two pair of Sorrell boots. One to -20 one pair to -70.
Parent - - By HillbillyWelder (**) Date 06-30-2012 01:35 Edited 06-30-2012 01:37
Sum *****....Sounds like Alaska....Good Luck, colder than a well diggers ass and then some....I've been in -50 fightin the IMAGINARY ENEMY for ol $2.00 an hr....got to love our military
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 06-30-2012 22:57
I've got bunny boots.
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 07-01-2012 02:43
Are those the boots that are army issue and you can inflate them?  Know a couple of welders who wear them and swear by their warmth and comfort, they also call 'em Mickey Mouse boots
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 07-01-2012 04:39 Edited 07-01-2012 04:41
They don't inflate. The air valve that can be closed or opened is simply so that the vapor barrier that makes these boots a legend in cold weather does not burst when the airborne division jumps out of a plane, or when the non pressurized plane makes huge changes in altitude.

These boots were designed by the military for troops that were subjected to the very worst of weather conditions. I will wear nothing else but these babies when I'm in the places I inevitably end up working. My uncle and I fell through a creek on our snomobiles during a freak cold weather storm back home. We barely made it out with our lives. I was wearing my bunny boots, and he was wearing Sorrels. He didn't make it out of there with any of his 10 toes......

And he walks funny.:lol:
Parent - - By HillbillyWelder (**) Date 07-01-2012 11:40
VB boots are the greatest thing since sliced bread and Lone Star Beer, the white ones are called bunny boots and the black ones are called mickey mouse boots. The white ones you will generally see in Alaska or extreme cold weather, the black ones you will see in Korea or cold but not extreme cold.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 07-01-2012 14:35
The black ones are called Beta's, and they are knock offs. The white ones are the real McCoy.
Parent - By up-ten (***) Date 07-01-2012 18:19
I did some checking into these boots and the white ones,aka,"bunny boots" would be used in more extreme temperatures AND they make them with steel toe but in the black boot only. Although they're not anything to look at, when it's that cold,who really cares what they look like when warmth is most important.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Coming to North Dakota