Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Stir crazy!!
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-03-2012 21:40
Well I have spent the last three months working on handrail in the shop and I'm just about ready to go out of my mind!! Installing my last bit of handrail Thursday morning and must be honest, it's not a moment to soon!! Got out yesterday to do a repair on some outriggers on an electrical utility truck and found out that I can still lay a 7018 bead and weave at least and my sa250 still works. Poor thing has not been run hard in months. I've actually just let it sit outside and run to burn the gas so that ethanol junk would not get full of water!

Had to get that out, guess it's cabin fever, something, need a big project I can work on for a month or so.....with a contractor that'll pay in the end! LOL!
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-03-2012 22:47
HAHAHA   I was kinda kicking my own butt about the same thing today.  It is getting righteous hot around 4 in the afternoon and I got shop work to do....been pretty lazy about it.  I have had more shop work last month then ever.....need some portable jobs to break the monotony a little bit.  When you start seriously considering ripping your truck/welder apart to do those little projects it is sitting still too much!!!
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 07-05-2012 02:31
Quick Shot from Amsoil will take care of that water problem. :wink:
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-05-2012 18:24
Yeah, I picked up some of that Sta-bil stuff, need to put hit it again. I'll have to check on Amsoil's product next time I go to order oil for truck
Parent - By JLWelding (***) Date 07-06-2012 21:11
My SA200 had a pop every now and then while idling and it cleared that right up. Now she just purs like it should. Quick Shot is a fuel Sta-bil also.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 07-12-2012 15:13
I hate handrails brother. I live near Aspen, and have done my share. You think building them is bad.....try building them and having to take them apart and change the design when the millionaire home owner changes their mind.......

Yeah, handrails suck!
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 07-13-2012 02:15
It's the milioniare jobs that I like cause they don't care how much it cost and after 9 mths of nothing but pipe it is (and the bridge thing) a nice change for me.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Stir crazy!!