Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Robot Procedures
- - By Joe845 Date 07-09-2012 16:59
If I have a semi automatic PQR for GMAW can I use that PQR to write a procedure for robotic welding? And how would qualify operator personal?
Parent - By PWCameron (**) Date 07-12-2012 12:05
Yes,
but I would advise you to create the WPS using tighter variables than D1.1 allows (maybe not put the entire +/-7% range for Volts or +/-10% for current/WFS).  Then take the WPS that you have written and test the range of variable on it (fillet, etch test).  You want to insure that the automated system set anywhere within those ranges gives you the result you're looking for.  Insure your programmer understands the range.

If your operator has the ability to make any type of adjustment to the program then qualify them per Fig. 4.22 or Fig. 4.37 as applicable.

I would also consider giving your programmer a Welder Qualification test.  He/She should understand what is nessesary to make sound welds and have the ability to do so.

PWC
Parent - By Joe845 Date 07-16-2012 14:55
Thanks that helps
another question-On the WPS because I will be using pulse and weaving. Will I have to state the weave size (frequency) and peak wave form? What other info beyond AWS D1.1 would be beneficial/supplement my WPS?
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Robot Procedures