Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Developing an Online Course for Welding (the boring parts)
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 07-25-2012 04:12
I am developing an online course for the non-hands on portion of the classes I will be teaching. I have little to no content added but am interested in seeing how it handles registrations and multiple users at the same time.  The course will ba available to anyone, not just my students. If it seems to be useful I hope to get some CWI training info up.But thats WAY down the line.

I had hoped to get some actual content in place but have not had time. Anyone who is interested in registering with the website is welcome. It is self regitration that will send out an email confirmation.

I am open to any suggestions, comments, critisism etc. Anyone wanting to talk about it more in detail can post here, message me, or use the forum on the weldingclassroom.org site.

I am also wondering if anyone has gone through the process of getting AWS permission for using any of their materials for educational purposes.

Anyway, the site is VERY much only started and not very useful for any learning at this time other than the user learning how to navigate.

Any comments are appreciated.

The site is at http://course.weldingclassroom.org/ . To register you go to http://course.weldingclassroom.org/login/signup.php . If you do not want to use the self registration I can provide you a login manually. 

Thanks
Gerald Austin
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 08-17-2012 21:35
Not much response. I have added some content.

The online quizzes are a nice feature as they record the time and also report overall totals for individual questions.

I added a 3D model animation of one of tbe objects used in tbe drawing quiz and it helped when the student saw the object as a whole.

Anyway, anyone interested in checking it out is,welcome to. Its a work in progress.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 03-15-2014 23:13
Still slowly nibbling away at the site. If anyone is interested in logging in to check it out there is a user setup with username: testuser and password: testuser1

Feel free to look at any content.  Take a quiz.  Post on one of the forums.  Etc. This is still a work under development. I have thought about a similar site for CWI training.

Gerald Austin
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Developing an Online Course for Welding (the boring parts)